13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 12:02 PM by the_wine_snob

premier pro

junction 21 Level 1

i have a problem exporting my projects to dvd and media encoder i can only export to dvd at the lowest quality any other setings and it stops after a few minuits if itry to export to media encoder i get a error message premier has failed to return a frame  operation has been oborted

can any one offer any advise please it used to work ok adobe is the only program on this pc no internet  conection  pentium 4 processor 2 gig ram 80 gig program drivr 500gig scratch disc ati allinwonder video card sound card in mob soundmax drivers

thanks in antisapation

tony

• 1. Re: premier pro
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

PPro Troubleshooting http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If still not fixed, return with DETAILS asked for in questions at end

• 2. Re: premier pro
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Failed to return frame is often a sign of a gap in the Video portion of your Timeline.

Horizontally expand your Timeline to the "frame view," and use PageDn and PageUp to step through your Video, looking for any gap.

Also, tell us about your Project and your Assets (your AV files, stills, etc.). Go into as much detail, as is possible.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: premier pro
              junction 21 Level 1

i have checked  for gaps and closed the two found but stiil have the prob  it will render and burn disc with only a few clips

also after pemier stops working  i have to use device mamange to close pp when i shut down computer it has to close a program called net broadcast

pp is the only programe installed on this computer the program dose not show in the manager i have netframework for video card drivers

• 4. Re: premier pro
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                when i shut down computer it has to close a program called net broadcast

Well, PrPro may be the only program installed on the computer, but I'll bet that there are many Processes, on it, as well.

Open Task Manager, and click on the Processes tab. You'll see a list of all loaded applications and Processes. Look down that list for something along the lines of "net broadcast." It will have to be in that list, though the name might be different. Find out where this Process comes from. There should be some Path data. Do a search for the file that calls it, and see where it's located on your system. What do you find out about that location?

OK, gaps are gone, but you still get the "failure to return frame." Where is this happening on the Timeline? If you did not catch a location, or a %, I'd hit Enter to Render the Timeline. What should happen is that you will have all green bars at the top of the Timeline (Rendered Clips) and at a point (the general point of the failure) you'll have red bars. Look very closely at that Clip/Asset. What is different about it?

As a test, you might replace that Clip/Asset with Black Video (from the New icon in Project Manager) and then try the Render again. Does this work? If so, or if it fails with another Clip/Asset, you know that there is/are an issue(s) with those Assets. Depending on what they are, the "fix" might differ.

If Render works, but Export does not, then try to monitor exactly where it fails. That is where to look. I've even placed my video camera shooting the progress dialog box, to find the exact frame number. The Render trick is just usually an easier way to find out the general location of the problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: premier pro
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's a THREAD on net broadcast, that might prove useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: premier pro
                    junction 21 Level 1

i would like thank you for taking the time to solve my problem when i open

my project there are two parts with red bars  i tryed to export a section

with no red bars but it still fails at this point pp is totaly non

responciveit has to be close in task manager

how do i know at which point in the timline it has failed i got 21green bars

in the transcoding box and 6in overall progress box

in task manager there are 31 processes but no application untiil i open pp i

am now going to try a render to see at what frame it fails thanks tony

• 7. Re: premier pro
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

What is different about those two Clips with the red bars? How do they differ from the others that Rendered? Effects, maybe? Different format/CODEC?

Can you set the WAB (Work Area Bar) over a couple of the Rendered Clips (green bars) and Export>Movie to your HDD. Choose DV-AVI for the format and check Audio? Then check WAB not Full Sequence. Does this Export work? Does the resulting file play? If so, then position the WAB over one of the un-Rendered Clips and try again - same settings? Does this Export?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: premier pro
                        junction 21 Level 1

i have hit return and the render box apears the rendering takes place with

out any problem i have exported the whole  movie to my  hd with out any

problem and opened a new project and imported the movi but i still cannot

export to disc or media encoda

i have tryed to export the original project to media encoder but it fails at

frame 10859 how can i find out whare this fame is in the time line the

properties of the clips with the red mark are no different the others they

have come frome the same tape

tony

• 9. Re: premier pro
                          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I assume it is Pro 2.0?

Export timeline as a dv avi.

Put it in a new project and try again.

• 10. Re: premier pro
                            junction 21 Level 1

no its v7.0 colombo

i have already put it in a new project but will still only out put at low

quality

i was thinking about formating the drive and trying a new install the only

problem with that is all the clips are offline when the project is opened is

ther any way of making all the clip on line in one go

• 11. Re: premier pro
                              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure the all the clips are in one folder.

• 12. Re: premier pro
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

i have tryed to export the original project to media encoder but it fails at

frame 10859 how can i find out whare this fame is in the time line

In at least PrPro 2.0, you can Ctrl-click on the TimeCode display in the Timeline to change that display to Frames (first Ctrl-click). Then, type in 10859 and the CTI will go there. That saves using a TimeCode calculator. Zoom the horizontal display of the Timeline up and see what's there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 13. Re: premier pro
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                                  the only problem with that is all the clips are offline when the project is opened is ther any way of making all the clip on line in one go

The caveat about Media Off-line is that if you Save your Project with the Media Off-line, you will then have to relink each Asset by hand. Not impossible, but a lot of work. Do a Save_As if needed, but remember that this will have the Media Off-line. Follow Ann's suggestion on putting your Assets into the exact same folder structure, that Pr is looking for it. Open your original, not the Save_As and see what happens. It might ask for the first Asset's location, but should then just gather up the rest. In a worst-case, you may have to locate one other file, or so, depending on the folder structure.

For converting the Media Off-line Project, you'll need to go into the Project Panel, Rt-click on each Off-line Asset and choose Link Media. This will be manual, where the above method (if you have a version of the Project, before Media Off-line), is at least semi-automatic.

Good luck,

Hunt