0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 2:35 PM by Idiot_Editor

Help with HD Footage!!!

Idiot_Editor Level 1

I shoot footage on a Canon XH-A1 with MiniHDV tapes and I'm trying to edit with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. When opening a new project, none of the presets seem to match the footage that my camera shoots in. I've been using DV-NTSC Widescreen 48kHz and I'm able to capture and edit my footage, but I don't think it's in high definition and the image always comes out a little stretched or compressed in the Program Monitor.

The footage from my camera is 1080i/480i, HD Image Size LW 1920x1080, and Frame Rate 60i. There are no available presets that match my information, particularly the large Image or Frame size. The closest preset that I've been trying to use to open a file is HDV 1080i30 (60i) for editing with Firewire HDV equipment, which is what I have. If I could just change the Frame Size from 1440x1080 to 1920x1080, I think it would work. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change it. No matter what I do, it's always greyed out and I can't select it.

Does anyone have any idea on how to change the Frame Size in a project to make my footage work??? I read something in the Adobe help menu suggesting to change my clips into square-pixel footage, which I did, but now the image is much too small. I read something else about changing the Interpretation Rules.txt document in the Adobe Premiere Pro Plug-In folder, but nothing like that exists.

Someone please help!!!