1 2 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 7:44 AM by the_wine_snob

Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents

zade1 Level 1

I used Elements 4.0 for the first time and in capturing the footage on a one hour tape, it stopped after 46 minutes and gave some sort of message (I failed to write it down at 1 AM) to the effect "Exceed Threshold 699KB".

Why would Elements not capture the entire 1 hour?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It could be a couple of reasons. Most likely it has to do with an inadequately sized parcel of space on the drive that you're capturing to.

So how much free, defragmented space is on the drive you're capturing to?

Are you capturing to your C drive or to another hard drive?

Also, is the video on the camcorder one continuous scene, or is the program breaking it into shorter scenes as you capture?

• 2. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
            zade1 Level 1

Steve - I was capturing it to an outside drive with over 300 GB of space

so that should not have been the problem.  The video had about 8

separate clips to begin with that took up the first 25 minutes.  Then of

the last and most important clip that is 35 minutes long, it captured

the first 20 minutes of it (so a total of 46 minutes continuous

recording but not the last 15 minutes of the hour long tape.)

By the way, I first used Movie Maker 2 with this particular tape and it

captured the entire 1 hour in a .wmv file of 917MB but unfortunately it

would not let me burn it to one disc and I was having other problems

with Movie Maker; hence the change to Elements 4.0.

• 3. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents

Check the format of that external drive. Drives come from the factory formatted to FAT32 rather than NTFS, and FAT32 drive have a file size limit of 4 gigabyte -- or just about a 20 minute block of video.

You can check by opening the drive in My Computer.

If this is the case, your problem will be solved by formatting the drive as NTFS, instructions for which are on the Microsoft site (and you shouldn't lose any data already on the drive).

BTW, you can also use MovieMaker to capture your miniDV video IF you save the video as DV-AVI rather than WMV. But then, again, you'll still butt up against that file size limit until you update the formatting for your drive.

• 4. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                the_wine_snob Level 9

For a conversion from FAT-32 to NTSF, you will want to use Convert, from the command line prompt.

From XP-Pro Help:

To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt

1. Open the Command Prompt window.
                2. In the command prompt window, type

convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

For example, typing convert D: /fs:ntfs would format drive D: with the ntfs format.

Notes

• To open a command prompt, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
                • You can convert FAT or FAT32 volumes to NTFS with this command.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Now the file size and timing makes sense. When it seemed that you were getting a full 45 mins. in one file, I ruled out the FAT-32 limit. Now, this seems to be almost exactly right. NTFS will allow the full file to be Captured and written to disc.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                    Kodebuster Level 3

Hunt, I know that a Format (Quick or Full) will lose the data on the Drive (although the Quick will only re-write the Directory Structure, but for all intent and purpose, the data is gone, (but not forgotten)).

I've never used Convert, can one assume that a Convert will move from FAT32 to NTSF and preserve all Data...

• 7. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have used convert several times... ZERO problems

• 8. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm with John - zero problems. I've only used it on a very few externals, that had to be FAT-32 to swap with either an older machine, or a Mac, and never had a issue. Nothing lost with Convert. I have to do it for all of my externals, out of the box, so all that might be on them would be drivers, and installation software, but have not lost a byte.

I mentioned Convert, because Steve mentioned "Format." I knew what he meant, "Convert," so wanted to point that out. You are correct. Format WILL lose the data. With Quick Format, it might be easily recovered, and with Full Format it could be recovered with the right tools. That is not what the OP wants to have to deal with. Convert is the key.

I cannot recall when I first saw it, but think that it was about MS NT 2. It was probably in NT 1, but I never had that OS.

Thanks for pointing out the distinction between Format and Convert, others will benefit.

Hunt

• 9. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                          zade1 Level 1

I did confirm that my G external drive is FAT32

Thanks to all but when I typed in the Command Prompt the

following                  CONVERT G: /fs:ntfs

I received the following message           *Conversion from FAT32 volume

to NTSF volume is not available

Then I tried something different.  I went to the Microsoft Glossary and

tried to get to the Command Prompt via All Programs, then Accessories,

then Command Prompt.  I then entered Convert G: /fs:ntfs and received

the message

*The type of the file system is FAT32.

Enter current volume label for drive G.

*I entered G, that did not work.  I hit Enter, that did not work.  I

typed  1234, that did not work.  I obviously have no idea what to insert

for volume label.

Help please.

• 10. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881

To convert an existing FAT or FAT32 volume to NTFS, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
                            2. At the command prompt, type the following, where drive letter is the drive that you want to convert:
                              convert drive letter: /fs:ntfs
                              For example, type the following command to convert drive E to NTFS:
                              convert e: /fs:ntfs
                              Note If the operating system is on the drive that you are converting, you will be prompted to schedule the task when you restart the computer because the conversion cannot be completed while the operating system is running. When you are prompted, click YES.
                            3. When you receive the following message at the command prompt, type the volume label of the drive that you are converting, and then                     press ENTER:
                              The type of the file system is FAT.
                              Enter the current volume label for drive drive letter
                            4. When the conversion to NTFS is complete, you receive the following message at the command prompt:
                              Conversion complete
                            5. Quit the command prompt.
                            • 11. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                              zade1 Level 1

Steve - could you please review my message again because you will see I

tried it 2 ways without success.  A couple points.

1.  I have Windows XP Home Edition - not Pro as one person mentioned.

2. I have no idea what I should put in when it asks for "Volume label".

3. When I read your instructions below, they insert    & nbsp

throughtout.  Example:

All              & nbsp;      Programs, point to Accessories, and then click              & nbsp;      Command Prompt.

Not sure what     & nbsp      means.

4.  Here is my e-mail again from last night.

/Thanks to all but when I typed in the Command Prompt the

following                  CONVERT G: /fs:ntfs

I received the following message          * Conversion from FAT32 volume

to NTSF volume is not available *

Then I tried something different.  I went to the Microsoft Glossary and

tried to get to the Command Prompt via All Programs, then Accessories,

then Command Prompt.  I then entered Convert G: /fs:ntfs and received

the message

*The type of the file system is FAT32.

Enter current volume label for drive G. *

I entered G, that did not work.  I hit Enter, that did not work.  I

typed  1234, that did not work.  I obviously have no idea what to insert

for volume label.

Help please. //

/

Thanks again for your help Steve.

• 12. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

You were almost there with your second method. At the dialog where you were asked for the Volume Name, you need to enter the name of your G:\, as it appears in Windows Explorer, say "Maxtor_01," without the quotation marks. This is to prevent accidental Conversion. Just look in Windows Explorer and besides the G:\ there will be a volume name. You want that, and should follow any capitalization correctly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 13. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                  zade1 Level 1

Thank you for the help Hunt.  I apologize for being so dense on this

protocol.

So I open up my external G drive.  All it shows is my various

folders.When I look to properties, it shows  My Book (G:)

Local Disc

File System:  FAT 32

I am obviously not looking in the right place.  Where do I find Windows

Explorer in this external drive?

• 14. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Windows Explorer is an application in Windows. It's basically seen as My Computer from the Start button. I have it on my Desktop, and open it, in lieu of My Computer, just because of the way that it comes up. In essence, they are the same application.

Also, when you Rt-Click on your drive, and choose Properties, there will be a Volume Name. It will be the same as what appears in Windows Explorer/My Computer. Here is a screen-cap looking at the Tree pane of Windows Explorer, showing my laptop's drives and Volume Names.

Drive_Names_01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

• 15. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                      zade1 Level 1

Evidently from what I can tell, the volume label is    My Book

So I put that in and received the message

*Convert cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.

Convert may run if this volume is dismounted first.  ALL OPENED HANDLES

TO THIS VOLUME WOULD BE INVALID.  Would you like to force a discount on

this volume?*

I hit Y

I then got the message

*Volume dismounted.  All opened handles to this volume are now invalid. 

Convert cannot gain exclusive access to the G: drive, so it cannot

convert now.  Would you like it to be scheduled to convert the next time

the system restarts?

*Hunt - I hit Y and rebooted my system but it still shows the G drive

under Properties is FAT32.

• 16. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                        zade1 Level 1

Hunt - I did it a second time after sending you the last message and now

my G drive says NTFS.  Not sure why but thank you very much!

• 17. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news. If G:\ was still selected in, say My Computer, or Windows Explorer, that was likely the reason that it was shown as "in use."

It's the same as opening an AV file in WMP, and not closing that player. You cannot Rename, Move or Delete that file, until you close WMP.

Glad that it works, and please report whether you can now Capture the entire tape, as you desire.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 18. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

One other little tip, as you're using that HDD for your video work. Go to that drive, and Rt-click on it. Choose Properties, and if Windows Indexing is turned on for that drive, turn it OFF for all folders on that drive. Windows Indexing will lock files, while it does its thing. This process can take a long time with larger AV files. Also, wherever your Scratch Disks (for PE) are located, you'll want to do the same. Everytime that a file changes, Windows Indexing immediately locks it, and surveys it. With the files in the Scratch Disks, they change all the time, and PE will not be able to access them, as soon as Windows Indexing sees that the file has changed.

Windows Indexing is good for DOC and similar files in their proper folders. It is a big problem with AV files and the Scratch Disk files that PE uses.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                              zade1 Level 1

I did what you said and applied that to folders and subfolders in the G

drive.  I am not sure what Scratch Disc are or where they are located

but I assume with this change, I have garnered those also.

• 20. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                zade1 Level 1

Thanks Hunt.   I was able to finish it (sort of) and make a workable

DVD!   Thanks very much.

I will say that it took forever to encode so I am not sure that the

change in Windows Indexing helped.  Also, for some reason this time, I

could not move a template with the title page and play to the Timeline. 

Actually, I might have done it because it appeared momentarily at the

end of the burned DVD but it never shows up visibly in the Timeline.  I

do not know why I could not drag it down to the Timeline or to the front

of the Timeline.

• 21. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Scratch Disks are the folders with files that PE uses to work with. They are set in Edit>Preferences.

There are two schools of thought:

1.) place all Scratch Disks in the folder structure of the Project, so everything can be easily backed up, and/or deleted easily.

2.) spread the Scratch Disks around the various HDD's, for greatest performance.

I opt for #1, for simplicity sake. My overall performance is quite good, and any increase would likely be offset by having to "round everything up," when the Project is done.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 22. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                    zade1 Level 1

Hunt - I still cannot move the movie title template with the name of the

movie and "Play Movie" down to the Timeline.  Can't drag it to the front

of the movie/Timeline nor when I hit "apply", nothing happens.  Thanks.

• 23. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you in Timeline View mode? If not, I would suggest that you switch to it.

Also, please tell me exactly which Title Template you are using. There have been a few Menu Templates (for DVD), that acted wonky, but I cannot recall any of the Title Templates that did not insert properly. Still, I'll be glad to try the one that you are attempting to use in my test Project and report to you.

My guess is that you might be doing something just slightly wrong. Sceneline View mode has some limitations, so that is why I recommended Timeline View mode.

Get back to me, and I'll check out your choice of Titles.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 24. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                        zade1 Level 1

Hunt - it was titled "Canvas" under "General".  Your right - I was in

the Sceneline mode if that is the one where you can see a little

snapshot of each scene.  But that did not make a difference.  I cannot

drag the edited title anywhere.

• 25. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, I'll test this for you.

Just to make sure that I'm doing what you're doing:

1.) you have Video on Video Track 1 (VT 1)

2.) you are trying to drag the General>Canvas Title Template to VT 2

You are in Timeline View mode, and this is not working for you. Is that correct?

I'm off to drag Canvas around and will report.

Hunt

• 26. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, in PrE 4.0, I just dragged the General>Canvas "main" Title to VT2, above my movie on VT1. The movie shows through the "hole" in the Title and everything works fine for me. When dragging from the Titles Panel, there was no abnormal behavior and I was able to place the Title, just as I wanted it on VT2. Here's a screen-cap of the Titler Monitor, the Timeline and the arrangement:

Canvas_Title_01.jpg

It all worked, as I would have assumed that it would. Is there any other scenario that I can test for you? I saw no issue with the General>Canvas Template in PrE 4.0

Good luck,

Hunt

• 27. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                              zade1 Level 1

Ok - a couple of comments.  When you said I should be in Timeline, I

always was in the mode where you could see little frames of each clip. 

I thought you wanted me to go out of that to where it looked like a

seismograph.  In any event, neither approach worked.

Second, I have nothing or know nothing about creating VT1 or VT2.  I

have nothing that shows VT anything.  I could not even find that in

Help.  Again, when I pull up the clip I was working on it ends in

Adobe.prel, it doesn't allow me to drag that Template anywhere.

Thanks Hunt for your assistance.

• 28. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, I have confused you. Sorry.

I wrote:

1.) you have Video on Video Track 1 (VT 1)

The terms "VT 1" and "VT 2," were shorthand for Video Track 1, officially called "Video 1" in PrE. It is not created by the user, but is in the Timeline, as soon as you start a Project. The same for Video 2 (Video Track 2, or "VT 2") in my instructions. Sorry for that confusion.

Now, Timeline View Mode is set via the icon for the View Mode to the left side of the Editing Panel. It can be set to either Sceneline (kind of like slides on a light table), or Timeline View, which is what I showed. In it, all Video and Audio Tracks are shown, though you may have to use the scroll-bars to the far right to see them. Besides the Video 1, Video 1 and Video 3, plus the Audio 1 and Audio 2, you will see two fixed Audio Tracks, Narration and Soundtrack. Though you can add more Audio and Video Tracks as is needed, you cannot remove Narration and Soundtrack.

Now, to the Title. The Title Templates are stored in your system's Adobe PrE folder hierarchy as .PRTL files. This format can only be used by PrE and its big-brother, PrPro. These files are basically graphics files with embedded text. Back at Adobe, they start out as Phothoshop .PSD files, and then are assembled into the .PRTL files for use in PrE. When you use one, it comes in with the graphic (in most cases) and also "placeholder" text that can be altered in the Title Editor (Titler), as is needed. This placeholder text has a series of Styles applied already, and the font and font size have been set. These can be changed in Titler to suit, but start out with certain Styles and fonts when you drag them in.

Now, a Title can be placed on any Video Track (Video 1, Video 2 or higher). What one has to remember is that Video (motion, stills, Titles, etc.) on higer Tracks will block out the lower Video Tracks. To see the material below, one must punch holes, or other wise alter the material on the higher Video Tracks. In the case of the Canvas Title Template, it has a "hole" already in it. If you were to place it on Video Track 1, between other Clips, all you'd see would be the graphic, the text and the empty hole. To see something through that hole, it needs to be placed on a higher Video Track, with something underneath it - something to show THROUGH the hole. In my example, I placed it above a motion Clip. We would see motion footage through that hole, in playback. I could have used a still image, or even another Title.

When you drag from the Title Library (to the right, where you see representations of the Title Templates) to the Timeline, what you are actually doing is referencing that .PRTL file, and telling PrE where you are going to place it, then how long it will be visible for, i.e. the Duration. The physical .PRTL file is still sitting on your hard drive, where it was. It will be used, when you go to Export, but all you've done so far is to link to it, then tell PrE what to do with it. PrE makes a representation of that file, and that is what you see on the Timeline.

Hope that this clears things up a bit more.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 29. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                  zade1 Level 1

Hunt - maybe we should talk by telephone.  I think we are in for a long

haul or are working on apples vs. oranges.  I do not even see

the icon for the View Mode to the left side of the Editing Panel.

I do not even see an Editing Panel in either the Edit mode or Create

Menus mode.

• 30. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm sorry. I do not know where the communication is breaking down.

Here is a screen-cap of the Timeline View and how to access it. It shows the Video and Audio Tracks, plus how Clips can be viewed on these. Now, there are several user choices as to how Clips are displayed in Timeline View, and that will be up to you.

Hope that this helps. Note: this is for PrE 4.0, but should be very similar in PrE 7.0.

Timeline_Sceneline_01.jpg

Note: Red text is all annotation and will not appear on your screen.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 31. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

For the full background on how things are done and where they are located in PrElements 7.0, I strongly recommend Steve Grisetti's BOOK. It's well written and covers about everything that one could want to know.

Maybe it's a good thing, that Adobe did not include a manual with PrE 7.0, as Steve's book does a much better job than a manual could.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 32. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                        zade1 Level 1

OK - I was able to match what you show.

Hunt, I still cannot drag the template into Video 1 or 2.  Do I need to

be in Edit or Create Menus (although I guess it does not matter because

neither worked).  This is really strange as I composed movies with

titles and transitions for years with Windows Movie Maker without issue

or any steep learning curve.

• 33. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents

Wow! Thank you, Hunt! That's quite an endorsement!

• 34. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                                            I still cannot drag the template into Video 1 or 2.

You would only use Video 1, if you had no Asset that you wished to "show through" the "hole" in this Title. If you have Assets on both Video 1 & 2, you would use Video 3, otherwise, use Video 2 above whatever you wish to see through the hole.

Do I need to be in Edit or Create Menus?

Edit Mode.

Let’s try this from the ground up, shall we?

In Timeline View Mode, click on the Edit tab. Then click on Titles and navigate to General (Show All) and navigate to the Canvas Titles. In PrE 4.0, there are two. We will use Canvas_frame.

Look at your Timeline display, and make sure that you have either an empty Video 2 or Video 3 Track, above the Clip that you wish to "show through" the "hole" in Canvas_frame. There is a zoom slider at the top of the Timeline Panel. It is to the right of a little double clock icon (the TimeStretch icon). Slide the black bar in this slider to the right, to expand the horizontal view of the Timeline. You may have to scroll (bottom of the Timeline Panel) the Timeline’s view back and forth a bit, until you have the area, where you wish to place the Title, in full view.

In the Titles Panel (this is really an extension of Organize, but automatically shows the Titles, which are part of the Functional Content, installed along with the program files in PrE), click-drag on Canvas_frame. While holding down the left mouse button, drag it to the spot you desire on Video 2 Track, or Video 3 Track. If you only have Clips/Assets on Video 1 Track, choose Video 2 Track. Let’s assume that this is your case and that Video 2 Track is empty above your Clip in Video 1 Track. The cursor will change to include the little Insert Edit icon, but that is not important, as we are placing this Title onto an empty Video Track. When the Title is over that Video Track, you will get a long white line with two little right-facing arrowheads. Depending on what you have on your Timeline, it might not be easy to see the lower of these. When you have positioned your Title onto Video 2 Track, you can release it and it will stick there. You can move it along the Video 2 Track, as is required. You can also change the Duration of the Title by click-dragging on either the Head, or the Tail, of the Title.

Done.

If this is not working for you, then there is something very wrong with either your installation of PrE, or with your system.

Now, a couple of questions:

1.) I assume that when, in Edit Mode, you click on Titles, you open up the Title Templates, and can find the Canvas_frame. Is this correct?

2.) I assume that you have an empty Video (2, or 3) above the Clip, over which you wish to place this Title. Is that correct?

3.) If one clicks and drags (holding down the left mouse button, for right-handed mouse settings) on something (say a Clip in Organizer) in PrE, it can be dragged to the Timeline. Does this happen for you? Can you click-drag on Clips in Organizer and get them to the Timeline?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 35. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                              zade1 Level 1

Ok - there is progress but still has bugs after 5 attempts!!! You should

know that before your last e-mail I first tried to set up titles from

the Create Menus setup as that is what the instructions in the little

brochure that came with the box said. Then I tried it in Edit mode -

still no luck. The problem was I was double clicking on the title and

then editing it before trying to move it to Video 2. Your instruction to

move it first to Video 2 in the Timeline and then edit it was very

helpful. Thank you.

I then created the title (Note - could not figure out how to drag the

title of the movie I created within the overall title. I had to use the

Position tool but that was cumbersome.)

I also clicked on the Fade in by Line tool but that did not work. Tried

to also drag it over but no luck.

In any event, I hit "Done" and then hit play and the title appeared but

my first clip of my sound track was in slow audio, not normal speed. Yikes!!

• 36. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Zade,

You have completely lost me here:

first tried to set up titles from the Create Menus setup as that is what the instructions in the little brochure that came with the box said.

Titles are totally different than are Menues. I feel that you are not in the Titles Library, as you once were, but have now gotten into the Menus Library. Other than the fact that each can have text, these are not even close to one another.

I then created the title (Note - could not figure out how to drag the title of the movie I created within the overall title.

This confuses me even more. If you are in the Title Library and have chosen the Canvas Title Template, as mentioned earlier, you do not drag anything onto that Title. By Dbl-clicking on it, you can then edit the "placeholder" text, that is part of the Template. This is done with the Text Edit Tool in the Titler (Title editing Panel).

I also clicked on the Fade in by Line tool but that did not work. Tried to also drag it over but no luck.

Unfortunately, most, if not all, of the Title animation Presets will only work on one line of text. There are ways to animate multiple lines of text with Keyframes and the Motion>Positon fixed Effects, but that is rather advanced.

In any event, I hit "Done" and then hit play and the title appeared but my first clip of my sound track was in slow audio, not normal speed. Yikes!!

This is a totally different problem and is not related to anything you have done with a Title, unless you also altered the "speed" of the underlying Clips with TimeStretch, or similar.

Maybe you need to tell us about your Assets and also your Project Preset. In addition, a screen-cap of your Clip (the one with slow Audio) and the display from the Effects Control Panel (after clicking on Edit Effects) would help to solve this.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 37. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                                  zade1 Level 1

I was just giving you past history as to why I was never able to get a

title into the movie or Timeline.  Sorry I confused you.

I now can create the title and import it but have the audio problem. 

Also, why is Premier Elements so tough to just do simple things such as

moving text around within the title or using the Fade parameters?.  With

Windows Movie Maker, it was easy.

In any event, the first clip audio had been altered somehow ( I

stretched it thinking I was stretching the time but I affected the audio

instead - I have since reversed it).  So the audio is now fixed.

Let me state that I have a blank (blue) clip at the beginning of my

movie (sorry - do not know how to send you a screen cap of my screen). 

I want to stretch that blank clip so it lasts longer.  Then the title

will show a bit longer than it does.

• 38. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Let me state that I have a blank (blue) clip at the beginning of my movie (sorry - do not know how to send you a screen cap of my screen). 

I want to stretch that blank clip so it lasts longer.  Then the title will show a bit longer than it does.

OK, now for the Durations of these two Clips, you only need to Click-drag on the Tails of each to get them to where you want. Look at the Info Panel, if you need them exact.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 39. Re: Elements 4.0 did not capture entire 1 hour miniDV tape contents
                                                                                      zade1 Level 1

I assume you mean click and drag on either end of the blue clip.  When I

do that it does not lengthen it (it does visually but does not from a

time standpoint).  And the audio goes into a slower unnatural mode.

I assume by the Info Panel, you mean go to "Clips", then "Time Stretch".

1 2 Previous Next