• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error # 2038

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Purchasing and downloading an ebook from BooksonBoard, i keep on getting the msg

"Error getting license

Sever communication problem E_ADEPT_IO"

and it kept on trying to redownload it again and again and failed to even open the ebook.

Trying to add the downloaded book from the \restore\books folder keeps on giving the message -

"IO Error on local file open - Error # 2038"

Can somebody help please?????

Am really very frustrated and disappointed with Adobe! as usual, whatever DRMed or other rubbish reader its using, fails to deliver as usual!My US$30 would have been much better spent on ordering from Amazon!

Henceforth i stick to MS and .lit format!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

The error message that you are receiving goes along with a couple of issues that can occur -  We've seen this one and were able to recreate it on a compuiter - troubleshoot it and repair the issue

1)  Usually when you receive this error message you can check the following items:

Open the My Documents / My Digital Editions directory - click on the "Restore" folder  - open the TASK folder and remove any "outstanding' tasks

Open the My Documents / My Digital Editions directory - click on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message that you are receiving goes along with a couple of issues that can occur -  We've seen this one and were able to recreate it on a compuiter - troubleshoot it and repair the issue

1)  Usually when you receive this error message you can check the following items:

Open the My Documents / My Digital Editions directory - click on the "Restore" folder  - open the TASK folder and remove any "outstanding' tasks

Open the My Documents / My Digital Editions directory - click on the "Restore" folder  - open the FAIL  folder and remove any "outstanding' tasks

2)  Make sure that you don't have a Proxy Server / Firewall or Anti-virus application halting your machine from communicating to the Internet -  This is one of the big issues -  when you try to download - if the machine is not getting the full "URLLINK" file which is the core component loaded down to your machine - then the book cannot open - Thus resulting in your IOAdept Error message - 2038.

3)  If you are clicking "Open" on the document for download and Adobe Digital Editions is not opening the file - try to complete a "SAVE" instead to the My Digital Editions directory -  this will place the "URLLINK" in the folder -  Once the item is downloaded - open the My Digital Editions directory and right click on the URLLINK -  choose "OPEN WITH" - Adobe Digital Editions -  You will need to give it a minute or two - in most cases the document opens up immediately and can be utilized from there on out without any issues.

Hope some of this helps, if not I will keep my eyes out and see if we run across any other issues with this same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your help!

Point number 1 solved the problem.

Thanks!

Regards

Anupam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! I am glad to hear that it resolved the issue. I have had a chance to really mess with the installation and try to identify what problems can occur.

Glad that it resolved it.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines