26 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2008 4:25 AM by Newsgroup_User

When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )

Malcolm_N
      We keep getting people ask questions and to help we need to see the code, so PLEASE post the website address.

If you don't want to make site live - put it into a test area :-

www.example.com/test/

without seeing the code - we would just be guessing

Malcolm
        • 1. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url (   address   )
          Level 7
          Malcolm_N wrote:
          > We keep getting people ask questions and to help we need to see the code, so
          > PLEASE post the website address.
          >
          > If you don't want to make site live - put it into a test area :-
          >
          > www.example.com/test/
          >
          > without seeing the code - we would just be guessing
          >
          > Malcolm

It would be great if Adobe could put this tip above the forum, or on the
          post submission page, as this great post will vanish within an hour
          unless someone keeps on replying to it.

Steve
          • 2. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url (   address )
            Level 7
            On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:06:38 +0100, Dooza <doozadooza@gmail.com>
            wrote:

>
            >It would be great if Adobe could put this tip above the forum, or on the
            >post submission page, as this great post will vanish within an hour
            >unless someone keeps on replying to it.
            >
            >Steve

well - I might reply myself if I see another question without a url
            :-)

my idea for a wiki FAQ site didn't get much support - I still thing
            that is the best solution. I don't know enough about setting up such a
            site or I would do it.

Several ACE's have their own support sites - I wish they would get
            together and start a common site and allow us regulars to participate.
            --

~Malcolm~*...
            ~*
            • 3. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url (   address   )
              Level 7
              Malcolm _ wrote:
              > On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:06:38 +0100, Dooza <doozadooza@gmail.com>
              > wrote:
              >
              >
              >> It would be great if Adobe could put this tip above the forum, or on the
              >> post submission page, as this great post will vanish within an hour
              >> unless someone keeps on replying to it.
              >>
              >> Steve
              >
              > well - I might reply myself if I see another question without a url
              > :-)
              >
              > my idea for a wiki FAQ site didn't get much support - I still thing
              > that is the best solution. I don't know enough about setting up such a
              > site or I would do it.
              >
              > Several ACE's have their own support sites - I wish they would get
              > together and start a common site and allow us regulars to participate.

A wiki would be ACE as long as Adobe put a link in the support section
              and on the forum pages, and tell people to go there first, and if they
              can't work it out, post here, but they have to follow certain guidelines
              to posting. (they might even have this already, but since I use NNTP I
              don't know)

Steve
              • 4. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                Malcolm_N Level 1

Indeed - but they have this message at the bottom of the page - so clearly they could add more text if the will was there.

"important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support. "
                • 5. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                  Level 7
                  You guys, an FAQ has been done in various forms a number of times over the
                  years. It never hurts to have a new one if somebody wants to take it on. As
                  far as getting new forum users to read an FAQ before they post, I don't
                  think that's realistic regardless of where you post the message. Most people
                  just won't do it, unfortunately.

--
                  Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
                  Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
                  Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
                  --

"Malcolm_N" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:g6v0ep$lla$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Indeed - but they have this message at the bottom of the page - so clearly
                  > they could add more text if the will was there.
                  >
                  > "important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of
                  > Adobe
                  > products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If
                  > you
                  > require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff
                  > directly,
                  > please contact Adobe support. "
                  >

• 6. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                    Level 7
                    On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:39:48 -0400, "P@tty Ayers ~ACE"
                    <signup1REMOVE@ayersvirtualREMOVE.com> wrote:

>You guys, an FAQ has been done in various forms a number of times over the
                    >years. It never hurts to have a new one if somebody wants to take it on. As
                    >far as getting new forum users to read an FAQ before they post, I don't
                    >think that's realistic regardless of where you post the message. Most people
                    >just won't do it, unfortunately.
                    >

Thanks Patty - I'm not saying people would necessarily read it before
                    posting a question, but it would make it much easier to answer the
                    question - we find the answer in the FAQ, and just post a link rather
                    than copy & paste - or write from scratch.

and of course us regulars could have the address of the wiki FAQ in
                    our sig files. :-))

--

~Malcolm~*...
                    ~*
                    • 7. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                      Level 7

> "important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of
                      > Adobe
                      > products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If
                      > you
                      > require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff
                      > directly,
                      > please contact Adobe support. "

Adobe has little interest in supporting products. They're a sales company,
                      not a support company.

Not that it doesn't hurt to bring it up, but the odds of anyone at Adobe
                      reading this and caring enough to do anything about it are pretty much
                      less-than-slim to none.

-Darrel

• 8. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                        Level 7

"Malcolm _" <malcom@mon.org> wrote in message
                        news:h056949lt6eg8ar0eogou1pt0p1rbe7ao7@4ax.com...
                        > On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:39:48 -0400, "P@tty Ayers ~ACE"
                        > <signup1REMOVE@ayersvirtualREMOVE.com> wrote:
                        >
                        >>You guys, an FAQ has been done in various forms a number of times over the
                        >>years. It never hurts to have a new one if somebody wants to take it on.
                        >>As
                        >>far as getting new forum users to read an FAQ before they post, I don't
                        >>think that's realistic regardless of where you post the message. Most
                        >>people
                        >>just won't do it, unfortunately.
                        >>
                        >
                        > Thanks Patty - I'm not saying people would necessarily read it before
                        > posting a question, but it would make it much easier to answer the
                        > question - we find the answer in the FAQ, and just post a link rather
                        > than copy & paste - or write from scratch.
                        >
                        > and of course us regulars could have the address of the wiki FAQ in
                        > our sig files. :-))

It was like that a few years back. It's useful, but somebody has to spend
                        many hours on it. :-) I know how to set up a free wiki, if somebody wants
                        to take it on.

--
                        --

• 9. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                          Level 7
                          On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:04:06 -0400, "P@tty Ayers ~ACE"

>

>
                          >It was like that a few years back. It's useful, but somebody has to spend
                          >many hours on it. :-) I know how to set up a free wiki, if somebody wants
                          >to take it on.
                          >

Thanks Patty - I've been a member here for about 5 years - ( I
                          started with MX ) !!!, so it must have predated that.

I would most certainly help - using my knowledge - but that is limited
                          compared to some of the ACE's and others here.
                          Clearly it would take sometime to put together, agree who was going to
                          do what sections. But once released to the wild it would hopefully
                          grow organically.

Maybe a project for the darker months in the Northern hemisphere -
                          sadly we don't seem to get so many people from down under.
                          --

~Malcolm~*...
                          ~*
                          • 10. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                            Level 7

"Malcolm _" <malcom@mon.org> wrote in message
                            news:mi8694520ju2hmfkrgsipt9q2gajdu7tq2@4ax.com...
                            > On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:04:06 -0400, "P@tty Ayers ~ACE"
                            > <signup1REMOVE@ayersvirtualREMOVE.com> wrote:
                            >
                            >>
                            >
                            >>
                            >>It was like that a few years back. It's useful, but somebody has to spend
                            >>many hours on it. :-) I know how to set up a free wiki, if somebody
                            >>wants
                            >>to take it on.
                            >>
                            >
                            > Thanks Patty - I've been a member here for about 5 years - ( I
                            > started with MX ) !!!, so it must have predated that.

Yeah, there had been at least 2 major FAQ sites in the couple of years
                            before that. I started with DW2 and started using this forum in 2000. There
                            are only a few others here who will remember!

> I would most certainly help - using my knowledge - but that is limited
                            > compared to some of the ACE's and others here.
                            > Clearly it would take sometime to put together, agree who was going to
                            > do what sections. But once released to the wild it would hopefully
                            > grow organically.

I would think a Wiki could be set up, and people could submit whatever
                            articles they wanted. I'm checking out a free Wiki application; I wouldn't
                            mind setting it up, but I'm not going to be responsible for it. :-)

--
                            --

• 11. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                              Level 7
                              Those who *NEED* it, won't use it. That's the very frustrating thing about
                              this. How many posts do you see where within 5 threads of the post, the
                              EXACT SAME QUESTION IS ASKED AND ANSWERED?

--
                              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                              Adobe Community Expert
                              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                              ==================
                              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                              ==================

"P@tty Ayers ~ACE" <signup1REMOVE@ayersvirtualREMOVE.com> wrote in message
                              news:g6v96u$1hk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                              >
                              > "Malcolm _" <malcom@mon.org> wrote in message
                              > news:mi8694520ju2hmfkrgsipt9q2gajdu7tq2@4ax.com...
                              >> On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:04:06 -0400, "P@tty Ayers ~ACE"
                              >> <signup1REMOVE@ayersvirtualREMOVE.com> wrote:
                              >>
                              >>>
                              >>
                              >>>
                              >>>It was like that a few years back. It's useful, but somebody has to spend
                              >>>many hours on it. :-) I know how to set up a free wiki, if somebody
                              >>>wants
                              >>>to take it on.
                              >>>
                              >>
                              >> Thanks Patty - I've been a member here for about 5 years - ( I
                              >> started with MX ) !!!, so it must have predated that.
                              >
                              > Yeah, there had been at least 2 major FAQ sites in the couple of years
                              > before that. I started with DW2 and started using this forum in 2000.
                              > There are only a few others here who will remember!
                              >
                              >> I would most certainly help - using my knowledge - but that is limited
                              >> compared to some of the ACE's and others here.
                              >> Clearly it would take sometime to put together, agree who was going to
                              >> do what sections. But once released to the wild it would hopefully
                              >> grow organically.
                              >
                              > I would think a Wiki could be set up, and people could submit whatever
                              > articles they wanted. I'm checking out a free Wiki application; I wouldn't
                              > mind setting it up, but I'm not going to be responsible for it. :-)
                              >
                              > --
                              > Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
                              > Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
                              > Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
                              > --
                              >

• 12. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                Level 7
                                On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:14:38 -0400, "Murray *ACE*"
                                <forums@HAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:

>Those who *NEED* it, won't use it. That's the very frustrating thing about
                                >this. How many posts do you see where within 5 threads of the post, the
                                >EXACT SAME QUESTION IS ASKED AND ANSWERED?

I know I know Murray :-)

maybe you partly miss my point.

I know you have your private database of boilerplate answers - you
                                mentioned the software just a few days ago, and I'm sure others have
                                similar facilities.

I envisage this as a shared resource where we can put this material,
                                where it can be subject to peer review and update, and we would get to
                                know quickly where material is - and could quickly put a link to the
                                relevant section in a reply to OP's.

And of course - when people are given links there - they then might,
                                just might be inclined to read more of it.

I don't pretend it will end these repeated questions - it might reduce
                                by a few percentage points, but it would make it easier for us.

--

~Malcolm~*...
                                ~*
                                • 13. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                  Level 7
                                  On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:14:38 -0400, "Murray *ACE*"
                                  <forums@HAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:

>Those who *NEED* it, won't use it. That's the very frustrating thing about
                                  >this. How many posts do you see where within 5 threads of the post, the
                                  >EXACT SAME QUESTION IS ASKED AND ANSWERED?

Just thought of another reason.

You yourself Murray of course post many boilerplate texts.

But of course even you and your clones (;-) need some sleep - and I've
                                  sometimes hunted the forum for one of these responses. If they were on
                                  this wiki - we would quickly find our way around and when at 07:00 GMT
                                  when you are in the land of nod - we could answer some questions much
                                  easier - etc etc etc
                                  --

~Malcolm~*...
                                  ~*
                                  • 14. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                    Level 7
                                    darrel wrote:
                                    > Adobe has little interest in supporting products. They're a sales
                                    > company, not a support company.

True, but Adobe is aware of the need for better support through the
                                    community. Some useful things are in the pipeline, and should be
                                    launched in the next few months.

Personally, I think the major problem with this forum is the willingness
                                    of so many people to respond to posts with meaningless subject lines.
                                    Anything with a subject line like "HELP!!!!!!", "n00b wants help", and
                                    "New to Dreamweaver" just goes straight in the kill file as far as I'm
                                    concerned. I'm not advocating being actively rude to newcomers, but
                                    other busy forums are far more successful on imposing a little order and
                                    discipline.

--
                                    David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                                    Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
                                    Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
                                    http://foundationphp.com/
                                    • 15. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                      Level 7
                                      On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:07:53 +0100, David Powers <david@example.com>
                                      wrote:

>
                                      >Personally, I think the major problem with this forum is the willingness
                                      >of so many people to respond to posts with meaningless subject lines.
                                      >Anything with a subject line like "HELP!!!!!!", "n00b wants help", and
                                      >"New to Dreamweaver" just goes straight in the kill file as far as I'm
                                      >concerned. I'm not advocating being actively rude to newcomers, but
                                      >other busy forums are far more successful on imposing a little order and
                                      >discipline.

Too true -
                                      the CSS forum/mailing list is very very strict !
                                      no off topic issues, no chatter !

but interesting idea - if a OP has a meaningless subject - ask them to
                                      repost with a new meaningful subject line ?

--

~Malcolm~*...
                                      ~*
                                      • 16. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                        Level 7
                                        On 01 Aug 2008 in macromedia.dreamweaver, Malcolm _ wrote:

> but interesting idea - if a OP has a meaningless subject - ask them to
                                        > repost with a new meaningful subject line ?

The only problem with that is that you have to open the post in the first
                                        place in order to respond to it. And once you've done that, it's
                                        probably just as quick to provide an answer. Likewise with
                                        STFW/STFNG/RTFM questions. And "Learn some HTML/CSS" questions, too...

--
                                        Joe Makowiec
                                        http://makowiec.net/
                                        Email: http://makowiec.net/contact.php
                                        • 17. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                          Level 7
                                          On 01 Aug 2008 in macromedia.dreamweaver, David Powers wrote:

> Personally, I think the major problem with this forum is the
                                          > willingness of so many people to respond to posts with meaningless
                                          > subject lines. Anything with a subject line like "HELP!!!!!!", "n00b
                                          > wants help", and "New to Dreamweaver" just goes straight in the kill
                                          > file as far as I'm concerned.

<sfx class="cheers">Bravo!</sfx>

--
                                          Joe Makowiec
                                          http://makowiec.net/
                                          Email: http://makowiec.net/contact.php
                                          • 18. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                            Level 7

"David Powers" <david@example.com> wrote in message
                                            news:g6vg0p$8pu$1@forums.macromedia.com...

>... other busy forums are far more successful on imposing a little order
                                            >and discipline.

You're right. However, if among forums there's a continuum from "extremely
                                            disciplined and uptight, but very little nonsense goes on" to "very loose
                                            with the rules, and allowing lots of dumb stuff to go on", I personally
                                            think that this forum hits a very good compromise.

I only have to visit some of the forums out there - where I bend over
                                            backwards trying to follow the rules but still fail and get yelled at - to
                                            really appreciate this one.

--
                                            --

• 19. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                              Level 7
                                              On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:57:06 -0400, "P@tty Ayers ~ACE"

>
                                              >I only have to visit some of the forums out there - where I bend over
                                              >backwards trying to follow the rules but still fail and get yelled at - to
                                              >really appreciate this one.
                                              >

I too appreciate this forum for the same reasons.

And in my own way - are selective about which posts I respond to :-)
                                              --

~Malcolm~*...
                                              ~*
                                              • 20. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                Level 7
                                                Malcolm _ wrote:
                                                > but interesting idea - if a OP has a meaningless subject - ask them to
                                                > repost with a new meaningful subject line ?

Nope. Just ignore them.

From the Adobe posting guidelines:

"Use a descriptive title for your posts. This will help subsequent
                                                visitors to the Online Forum successfully identify your topic. Vague
                                                subjects such as "HELP!!" or "Urgent question!!!" are often passed over
                                                by experienced users, as they provide no indication as to what your
                                                issue may be."

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html

Perhaps the most sensible thing would be to post that link at least once
                                                a week with the subject line "Reminder: forum guidelines". Yes, I know
                                                that many idiots won't read it, but they might get the message when
                                                their own posts aren't being read either.

--
                                                • 21. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                  Level 7
                                                  Of course the problem is that then the post which everyone is ignoring will
                                                  begin to accumulate the nonsense replies, doncha know. Then what do you do?

--
                                                  Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                                  Adobe Community Expert
                                                  ==================
                                                  ==================

news:g6vk9p$d0m$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                                  > Malcolm _ wrote:
                                                  >> but interesting idea - if a OP has a meaningless subject - ask them to
                                                  >> repost with a new meaningful subject line ?
                                                  >
                                                  > Nope. Just ignore them.
                                                  >
                                                  > From the Adobe posting guidelines:
                                                  >
                                                  > "Use a descriptive title for your posts. This will help subsequent
                                                  > visitors to the Online Forum successfully identify your topic. Vague
                                                  > subjects such as "HELP!!" or "Urgent question!!!" are often passed over by
                                                  > experienced users, as they provide no indication as to what your issue may
                                                  > be."
                                                  >
                                                  > http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html
                                                  >
                                                  > Perhaps the most sensible thing would be to post that link at least once a
                                                  > week with the subject line "Reminder: forum guidelines". Yes, I know that
                                                  > many idiots won't read it, but they might get the message when their own
                                                  > posts aren't being read either.
                                                  >
                                                  > --
                                                  > David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                                                  > Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
                                                  > Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
                                                  > http://foundationphp.com/

• 22. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                    Level 7
                                                    Murray *ACE* wrote:
                                                    > Of course the problem is that then the post which everyone is ignoring
                                                    > will begin to accumulate the nonsense replies, doncha know. Then what
                                                    > do you do?

Ignore them, too.

You provide a phenomenal amount of support here, Murray, and you have
                                                    the patience of a saint - well, most of the time, anyway. ;-)

Still, I get the feeling there's a danger that answering any and every
                                                    question is counterproductive.

--
                                                    • 23. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                      Level 7
                                                      P@tty Ayers ~ACE wrote:
                                                      > I only have to visit some of the forums out there - where I bend over
                                                      > backwards trying to follow the rules but still fail and get yelled at -
                                                      > to really appreciate this one.

Yes, I have experienced that type of forum, too. It's not pleasant.
                                                      Yelling at posters for infringing a minor rule is wrong. But there are
                                                      far too many people here who seem to have no understanding of how to
                                                      help others help them.

--
                                                      • 24. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                        Level 7
                                                        I just can't stand to allow a responder lead a poster down the primrose
                                                        path, you know?

--
                                                        Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                                        Adobe Community Expert
                                                        ==================
                                                        ==================

news:g702h0$rkm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                                        > Murray *ACE* wrote:
                                                        >> Of course the problem is that then the post which everyone is ignoring
                                                        >> will begin to accumulate the nonsense replies, doncha know. Then what do
                                                        >> you do?
                                                        >
                                                        > Ignore them, too.
                                                        >
                                                        > You provide a phenomenal amount of support here, Murray, and you have the
                                                        > patience of a saint - well, most of the time, anyway. ;-)
                                                        >
                                                        > Still, I get the feeling there's a danger that answering any and every
                                                        > question is counterproductive.
                                                        >
                                                        > --
                                                        > David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                                                        > Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
                                                        > Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
                                                        > http://foundationphp.com/

• 25. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                          Aaron_RH Level 1
                                                          As a certified n00b who needs help I want to say that I have found the basic looseness with rules and topics that you are willing to address EXTREMELY helpful and refreshing. I adore all of you. You didn't beat around the bush when you had to tell me that my site was crap and it was time to start it over. At the same time I can absolutely appreciate the resource drain and frustrations involved with CONSTANTLY addressing issues that I should have just looked up in my copy of HTML for dummies. I'd also like to say that this is a great idea being discussed here. An obviously placed forum rules page and FAQ page would have been something that I would have eaten up before I even considered posting. I know that there are some other n00bs that would have done the same. One more "n00b wants help" question: Could any of you recommend a similarly reliable and professional forum that specifically deals with HTML and CSS and is targeted just at us n00bs? If I have a question that is particularly dim-witted or n00by or really has nothing to do with Dreamweaver, then I could post there. I'll save my postings here for only Dreamweaver related issues.
                                                          • 26. Re: When asking questions - always post web site url ( address )
                                                            Level 7
                                                            > looked up in my copy of HTML for dummies

Let's hope you have a more reliable reference than that! 8)

> Could any of you recommend
                                                            > a similarly reliable and professional forum that specifically deals with
                                                            > HTML
                                                            > and CSS and is targeted just at us n00bs?

While those topics are generally always handled here (whether they involve
                                                            DW or not), there are also some excellent forums on the PVII servers: css,
                                                            dreamweaver, fireworks, issues, and pviiwebdev. You might investigate those
                                                            as well.

--
                                                            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                                                            Adobe Community Expert
                                                            ==================
                                                            ==================

"Aaron RH" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                                                            news:g716qa$4ud$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                                                            > As a certified n00b who needs help I want to say that I have found the
                                                            > basic
                                                            > looseness with rules and topics that you are willing to address EXTREMELY
                                                            > helpful and refreshing. I adore all of you. You didn't beat around the
                                                            > bush
                                                            > when you had to tell me that my site was crap and it was time to start it
                                                            > over.
                                                            > At the same time I can absolutely appreciate the resource drain and
                                                            > frustrations involved with CONSTANTLY addressing issues that I should have
                                                            > just
                                                            > looked up in my copy of HTML for dummies. I'd also like to say that this
                                                            > is a
                                                            > great idea being discussed here. An obviously placed forum rules page
                                                            > and FAQ
                                                            > page would have been something that I would have eaten up before I even
                                                            > considered posting. I know that there are some other n00bs that would
                                                            > have
                                                            > done the same. One more "n00b wants help" question: Could any of you
                                                            > recommend
                                                            > a similarly reliable and professional forum that specifically deals with
                                                            > HTML
                                                            > and CSS and is targeted just at us n00bs? If I have a question that is
                                                            > particularly dim-witted or n00by or really has nothing to do with
                                                            > Dreamweaver,
                                                            > then I could post there. I'll save my postings here for only Dreamweaver
                                                            > related issues.
                                                            >