6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 11:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Audio Mixer question

MaxDBWP Level 1

I did search first and did try to find an answer in the on line help.

Can the audio mixer controls be ganged like they could in premiere 6.0 which is what I up graded from?

Thanks

Dennis

• 1. Re: Audio Mixer question
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Dennis,

Back in PrPro 2.0, they could not. I tried to find every possible way to do it, and everyone's answer was "no." After months of reading, poking and trying, that became my answer to. Unless something has changed, it's probably still the correct answer. Now, I did submit my Feature Request, but do not believe that it was ever acted upon. I miss that ability! I also did not realize that it was available in earlier versions of Pr. I wanted it from my old analog days, when I could gang the pots on a mixing board. Heck if earlier Pr versions had it, please Adobe, bring it back.

Do file a feature request and maybe, just maybe, it will come back.

Good luck, and if you DO find a way to do it, please post back,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Audio Mixer question
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, Submixes were as close as I could get.

The ideal would be to "latch" the pots to gang them and adjust whichever pots you need as one.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Audio Mixer question
              MaxDBWP Level 1

Thanks all

I was afraid I'd find out it was no longer a feature. Why do programmers take away features? I guess so they can add them later and call them new. I guess if you didn't use the program 8 years ago it would be new.

I will submit a request. It is a much better way to do it then to use a submix. I only needed to gang some tracks for a short bit with a submix your just adding tracks that of course require more resources. This project is HD so anything that requires more resources can be trouble down the line.

Also I guess some of it is that I'm an old guy who used real sound boards for years I have 10 fingers I could control ten sliders.

Thanks Again for the tips.

Dennis

• 5. Re: Audio Mixer question
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                Why do programmers take away features?

Premiere Pro is not a continuation of Premiere.  It was written from the ground up.  The feature wasn't 'taken away', it was simply never added.

• 6. Re: Audio Mixer question
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  I guess some of it is that I'm an old guy who used real sound boards for years I have 10 fingers I could control ten sliders.

Hey, don't forget your nose and a couple of those toes!

I felt the same as you, but had not used Pr versions prior to PrPro, so did not know that it used to be a feature in earlier iterations of Pr. As Jim points out, PrPro was a ground-up project, and I'd just guess that the designers figured that this was not something that many would use. The Feature Request would be a good way to address it.

One comment. Though not qute the same, the automation of the Sends will do similar, but it does require a pass for each Track.

Good luck,

Hunt