4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 7:10 PM by FTVteacher

Premiere previews fine, but Monitor window not displaying media correctly.  Rendering even worse. Please help.

FTVteacher Level 1

Since install, premiere cs4 displays footage incorrectly. Footage will preview fine however when on the timeline footage (including titles generated by premiere) looks green/purple. When rendered, they are either black video, static or flashing green and static.

I have updated to latest version, still no change.

I have viewed several different forums, faq’s and adobe help and I’m now ready to post here.

The 8 important questions:

2. Briefly describe your hardware, software, OS and versions in use, including disk setup, video card and driver versions, etc.

XP pro SP3 on several different machines, primarily HP 6530b laptops for the purposes of this post. (However Dell laptops are also not working) Machines have 4 gig of ram, no codec packs, and one different test environment include installing VLC media player (with no change in errors.)

CPU: core 2 duo 8600 @ 2.4ghz

RAM: 4 gig

Mobile Intel GE45 Express Chipset

Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

(Driver - updated 11/8/2008 whql. ver 6.14.0010.4977)

HDD - 160gb partitioned to 80gig x 2

3. Describe source material, including codec (not AVI, which is not a codec), project settings and other relevant info.

DV-AVI (pal), jpegs, flv’s from youtube, wmv’s and HD-mpegs from a canon HV40. premieres own titles, DV PAL project, widescreen

On the machines, after affects handles the files with no worries.

4. Describe as accurately as possible what you did, what steps you took, what happened at what moment and what you did to try to resolve it.

Since install, premiere cs4 displays footage incorrectly. Footage will preview fine however when on the timeline footage (all the types above) looks green/purple. When rendered, they are either black video, static or flashing green and static.

I have updated to latest version, still no change.

I have viewed several different forums, faq’s and adobe help and I’m now ready to post here.

Side note to save people posting about format conversion and professional camera formats:

Firstly, even titles created in premiere have the problem.

Secondly, I have created the same project using the same files on 2 working systems (a lenovo R400 laptop with fully updated CS4, the other a pc without the update) and all files work fine, and render correctly. Have exported with no difficulty to several different formats (DV-avi, wmv and uncompressed AVI). On both those machines CS4 handles everything I throw at it (including footage from old mini DV cameras, mod files renamed as mpg and other “unprofessional” cameras), and as far as I can see I haven’t installed anything different.

Q. 5-8 I'll post the dxdiag, sysinfo etc in the next post as the forum is having trouble with them.

My only clue is that the laptops might not have enough video ram.

Message was edited by: FTVteacher - CPU details changed.