1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 8:48 AM by bringrags

Samples -- Composition Player

greg.h.

Three relatively minor observations about the Composition Player sample in the current release (which at runtime displays:  Strobe version: 0.3.546857).  Please give me a heads-up if I am incorrect on any of the following:

• Mute.  Not working.
      • "Progressive Audio".  "Progressive Audio" is working, however, the default string set on constant REMOTE_MP3 is invalid (perhaps the default string used is set to a URL accessible only inside the Adobe corporate firewall?)  
      • "Parallel Composition".  The current UI displays only a single video.  From an end user perspective, how would the user know that a "Parallel Composition" is playing?  Should they hear both audio tracks at the same time?

The bugbase does not include the samples as a component so I thought I would post these observations here.  (bugbase here: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FM )

Thanks for the great work on this new framework.

Best regards,

g

• 1. Re: Samples -- Composition Player
          bringrags Level 4

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the feedback.  I've fixed the broken mute button, should be available in our next public drop (coming soon).  You're right about the MP3 having a non-public URL, I'll see if we can get an MP3 posted publicly so that we can change the URL in the sample app.

Your last question on parallel compositions raises an excellent point.  In the current drop, there's no explicit support for specifying the layout of multiple visible objects.  When they're in a composition together, they'll simply be overlaid on top of each other.  Clearly this isn't the desired behavior :-), but it made sense to get the core logic of compositions working before we tackled layout (which is coming soon).  If you (or anyone else reading this) has any layout use cases or requirements, now would be a great time to share them with us.

I'll look into getting the sample apps added as components in the bugbase.

Thanks,

Brian