3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2009 9:26 AM by acath

Additional Feedback. - Working with FB4

Ricardo.Russon

When components are created, it would really be nice to be able to define the Component ID, to make things a little easier once we get into FB.

Also,  there should be a way to clean up the project, or to export a clean project - i.e. with orphaned components removed.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

• 1. Re: Additional Feedback. - Working with FB4
          acath Level 4

You can change the component name in the library panel (double click on the name). Would you rather define this upfront? That seems kind of bulky to me...

I totally agree about the project cleaner upper. We have no plans to do this right now...maybe one of you guys could write a script to do it? =)

-Adam

• 2. Re: Additional Feedback. - Working with FB4
            Ricardo.Russon Level 1

You can change the component name in the library panel (double click on the name). Would you rather define this upfront? That seems kind of bulky to me...

Ok, I see it now. I was renaming the layer that is created when you convert to component, and expecting the component name to change. (ID10T ERROR maybe?)

-> None of my components have a preview? Is this a bug or something i've done.

Also, being able to edit the component from this panel would be nice. From the context menu, like you can in flash.

-> You know I never realized how much I rely on Context Menus before I started posting here.

Having said all that, I would prefer to be able to change the Component name directly in the HUD.

I totally agree about the project cleaner upper. We have no plans to do this right now...maybe one of you guys could write a script to do it? =)

Mmm.. sounds like a nice idea for an air app.

Ricardo.

Message was edited by: Ricardo.Russon - Cleaning up formatting.

• 3. Re: Additional Feedback. - Working with FB4
              acath Level 4

Hi Ricardo,

Component previews don't work in beta 1. Check again in beta 2.

I agree it would be nice to edit components directly from the library panel. We've got that on the list.

Interesting idea about changing the component name from the HUD. I'll add that to the list.

-Adam