7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 11:17 AM by snappedbysapp

Button overStates stopped working

snappedbysapp

Please tell me someone else has seen this happen and I missed the thread.......

Working on my project last night all was well when I ran the project one last time before shutting down for the night.  This morning I fire up my project and none of my over button states through the whole project work at all.  I have gone back and tried to remove and recreate and I get nothing.  I don't want to dump and start all over ...... please some one help me ....

--Leon

• 1. Re: Button overStates stopped working
          acath Level 4

I've never seen that before. Can you upload your project, or email it to me?

• 2. Re: Button overStates stopped working
            snappedbysapp Level 1

Mr. Cath,

Please find attached to this email my project.

I have that feeling that this is going to be a "OE" issue....

Thank you,

Leon Sapp

• 3. Re: Button overStates stopped working
              acath Level 4

Hi Leon,

I think the forum ignores email attachments. You have to actually go to the thread page and upload it there.

Also, I recomment zipping it or renaming it to .txt before posting...the forums have a security filter.

-Adam

• 4. Re: Button overStates stopped working
                snappedbysapp Level 1

Thank you sir will do.

• 5. Re: Button overStates stopped working
                  snappedbysapp Level 1

The file should have been attached this time through the thread page.  I have attached a .zip file by the name of brgSite.zip.

should the file remain attached this time and you get the opportunity to runt the file you will see that i created a navigation on the left hand side of the page.  Once you moueOver a button it should move to the left and the Alpha should drop to 80%. Once you mouse out the the button should slide back to the left and the alpha should return to 100%.

Please forgive me for taking so long for getting this to you ...

-- Leon

• 6. Re: Button overStates stopped working
                    acath Level 4

Hi Leon,

When I ran your project, I found that mousing over the buttons made them move to the right, but not change opacity. I edited one of the buttons and found that the artwork in the over state still has 100% opacity, so the runtime behavior was correct. When I changed it to 80% opacity (and added a "Fade" effect), I got the animation you described. This is all as I expected...what exactly went wrong? Was it that you had set the opacity at one time, but it was later lost? Or something else?

Also, a quick tip: I find that when I mouse over the buttons, but move my mouse into the empty space left by the artwork as it slid away, the buttons "shiver" to the left and right repeatedly. I'm guessing that wasn't your intent. You can fix that by adding a 0-opacity rectangle in the Over state that covers that empty space. This will act as a "hit target" for the mouse and keep the button in the over state even while the mouse is over the blank space.

Thanks,

-Adam

• 7. Re: Button overStates stopped working
                      snappedbysapp Level 1

Just as I suspected... It was me .... Thank you for looking into this issue for me.

--Leon Sapp