3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 2:50 PM by Adolfo Rozenfeld

How to copy render queue settings?

Federated Films Level 1

In the render queue is there anyway to copy the render and output settings from one job to another?

As I have 100 renders to do of 100 green screen clips. if I create different comps for each one then I have to set many parameters for each comp when I drag it into the render queue as I'm outputting to a non standard codec. And the client keeps changing their mind about compression rates so I may have to do the 100 clips several times, so would be great to just dump all 100 comps in the render queue each time they change their mind!

Thx

Kevin

• 1. Re: How to copy render queue settings?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Create respective Render settings and Output module templates (Edit --> Templates --> ...), then simply make the one you require the default, so it gets auto-applied each time you add something to the RQ.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How to copy render queue settings?
            David Wigforss-Hv1BNN Level 2

Or to add to what Mylenium said, To change the render settings, select all the queus, and change the render setting.  In order to change the output module, you must select all of the "Output Module" names, which will be a pain for 100 queues..  I guess setting default would be easier..

Also, dunno if you're aware of this feature, but if you wanted to render a movie, and then rerender that into multiple formats, you first make movie, drag "Output Module" onto the project window.  Next, drag the placeholder back onto the render queue and adjust settings.

• 3. Re: How to copy render queue settings?
              Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee
              Also, dunno if you're aware of this feature, but if you wanted to render a movie, and then rerender that into multiple formats, you first make movie, drag "Output Module" onto the project window.  Next, drag the placeholder back onto the render queue and adjust settings.

Or you can have multiple Output Modules in a single render item, which will output to several formats in a single render step!