1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 3:14 PM by Sean_Wilson

How to: Search for a string in entire movie project?

cratica

I used a copyrighted name a few different places as I was creating a very long and complex game.  I have since removed it from the game where it was previously showing up but when I search the exe, it's still there in a few places.  Is there a way to search the entire movie project and all content, all scripts for a particular string?    For instance "Microsoft".

If so, I cannot find a way and could use some direction, even if it's an xtra I need to install that adds this capability.

Thanks!!!!!

• 1. Re: How to: Search for a string in entire movie project?
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Scripts are easy. You open any script window and hit Ctrl + F and enter your search term in the Find box, ensuring the "All Casts" radio button is checked.

For text and field members you'll need to write a script that does the search for you. If you were clearer about what you want to happen when you find your search term in a text member then someon could help you with how to perform this. I know there is already code posted to the forum somewhere about how to examine every member of every castLib checking the member type - which would be a very good place to start.