3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2009 6:01 AM by sunnyellow

Query CC Particle World...

sunnyellow

Hey,

I am new to After Effects and am currently playing around with a 30day trial of AE CS4. Having followed some video tutorials online I want to practice what I have seen, in one it describes how to use a particle generator. In the tutorial it shows how to use CC Particle World, saying this preset should be in the Effects and preset menu. But I can not find it, its not coming up. Could you please give me some direction.. Does this need to be installed seperately? Would it come ready with a full version of AE CS4, and its not in my one because its a trial?

Many thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Query CC Particle World...
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Irhum:

Some content that comes bundled with After Effects is provided by third party developers. This is the case for all of Cycore effects (everything with CC in the name), Color Finesse, Mocha AE, etc. This is also true for some codecs needed for a few video formats, like HDV, AVCHD and XCDAM.

Third party content is not included with trial versions, because of licensing arrangements. It is enabled when you purchase an AE license.

• 2. Re: Query CC Particle World...
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

irhum nabeela wrote:

Would it come ready with a full version of AE CS4, and its not in my one because its a trial?

As explained - licensing reasons prevent some content from showing up in the trial. You're lucky, though, as there is a demo of Cycore FX HD. It contains al lthe effects, it just renders some ugly green crosses so you can't use the output. Also be aware, that it has some enhancements here and there compared to the version that ships with AE, so be careful to not use these extended options or you may not be able to open your projects once you have bought AE CS4.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Query CC Particle World...
              sunnyellow Level 1

Thanks very much for the info and direction!