2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 7:52 AM by t-ham

Comments on Beta 1 - 235712

t-ham

Pages are too big. Pages/stages area needs to be resizable.

And I may not totally have grasped the concept yet, but it strikes me I might need to drag and reorder pages if I somehow initially set them up in incorrect order.

Admittedly, using Pshop CS3, but no success with changes to pshop file being picked up in FC. Maybe roundtriping not supported.

If number of pages exceeds the pages/states edit area, adding new pages jumps the scroll bar handle back to the beginning. Handle does not track along with new pages.

Likewise, layers selection constantly jumps back to top of layer listing, forcing re-scroll to get back down to where you were.

Gray on gray scroll handles hard to acquire visually (especially if the handle is about half the height of the window, and you end up with half light gray and half dark gray - which gray is the handle?). The movable handle needs "grips" on it.

Font menu doesn't show all active fonts available in the system (and in pshop and illus). What's the criteria for which fonts (and variants) are available and which aren't?

My first page is "Pages/States" has a dot in the red sidebar on the page. What's that dot indicate?

One of the things I need to do easily, repeatedly, and quickly is drop down vertical menus with a list of text links that change state when I mouse down the list. So far, unable to figure out how to make that happen. Can't there be a simple command to convert to dropdown/flyout menu from a sample menu done in phsop or illus?

• 1. Re: Comments on Beta 1 - 235712
          Matt Cannizzaro

Thanks for your feedback. I'll respond to your comments inline:

Pages are too big. Pages/stages area needs to be resizable.

And I may not totally have grasped the concept yet, but it strikes me I might need to drag and reorder pages if I somehow initially set them up in incorrect order.

[mc] The order of pages and states is purely organizational - it shouldn't affect the actual behavior of your project. That said, I do agree that being able to reorder them would be helpful for organization.

Admittedly, using Pshop CS3, but no success with changes to pshop file being picked up in FC. Maybe roundtriping not supported.

[mc] In the beta1 build, only AI roundtripping is supported.

If number of pages exceeds the pages/states edit area, adding new pages jumps the scroll bar handle back to the beginning. Handle does not track along with new pages.

Likewise, layers selection constantly jumps back to top of layer listing, forcing re-scroll to get back down to where you were.

[mc] These are known bugs that we are working on.

Gray on gray scroll handles hard to acquire visually (especially if the handle is about half the height of the window, and you end up with half light gray and half dark gray - which gray is the handle?). The movable handle needs "grips" on it.

[mc] We are working on this

Font menu doesn't show all active fonts available in the system (and in pshop and illus). What's the criteria for which fonts (and variants) are available and which aren't?

[mc] We're doing a signficant amount of work around font handling. This should be improved in the next beta.

My first page is "Pages/States" has a dot in the red sidebar on the page. What's that dot indicate?

[mc] The dot indicates which state is the default or starting state. When your application starts up, this is the page that will be displayed. If you are working with a custom component, this is the state your component will start in by default.

One of the things I need to do easily, repeatedly, and quickly is drop down vertical menus with a list of text links that change state when I mouse down the list. So far, unable to figure out how to make that happen. Can't there be a simple command to convert to dropdown/flyout menu from a sample menu done in phsop or illus?

[mc] There isn't a one step solution to this problem currently, but I think you can accomplish something similar using a data list for the menu. You'll get the mouse over interactions on the menu items for free, but you'll need to set up your own interactions and transitions for the flyout effect.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

• 2. Re: Comments on Beta 1 - 235712
            t-ham Level 1

[mc] There isn't a one step solution to this problem currently, but I think you can accomplish something similar using a data list for the menu.

Yeah, I had that thought too as a workaround. That's when I discovered that the required font to match the design wasn't available. 

Good job so far. Excited to see FC on the move. Thanks for the reply.  --- T