Steps to recreate:
1. Create an input text field. Embed Characters. Set Font to Arial, Bold.
2. Create a static text field. Put some text in the field. Set Font to Arial, Regular, Anti-Alias for Readability.
3. Run out. Notice that Input Text field won't accept any input.
4. Set Input Text Field to Regular.
5. Run out. Notice that Input Text field will now accept input.
Any ideas why the Input Text Field won't accept any input in Step 3?
I'm using Flash CS4.
after step 1 and before step 2, click an empty part of the staqe. otherwise, you're changing the input tf to a static one.
I don't know if its actually possible to create a new text field and yet not deselect a previously created text field, kglad??? anyway, no, that's not it i'm afraid. i definitely have one input text field and one static text field.
I found this same problem updating my CS4 to CS5.
All I had to do was use a different Font, then Embed it and the problem was solved.
Then change it back to your original font, maybe remove and then re-embed it aswell.