2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 6:26 AM by Steve Grisetti

Trouble Dragging Clips to Sceneline

CoolComfort

I am new to Adobe Premiere and working on my first project. I imported several AVCHD clips (Get Media > Files and Folders) into a new project. I am able to preview the clips, trim footage etc. Audio seems fine.

Trouble starts when,from the Edit > Project panel screen, I begin to drag the clips (one at a time) into the Sceneline. The first clip goes in fine and appears in the Sceneline and in the Monitor panel. But, when I drag the remaining clips instead of showing each clip individually along the Sceneline, they all seem to stack up behind the first clip instead of each clip appearing individually along the Sceneline. They seem to appear in the Monitor panel ok. I can't understand what I am doing wrong??

Any help is appreciated......................Thanks

• 1. Re: Trouble Dragging Clips to Sceneline
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is the result of AVCHD with 5.1 audio being used in a project which is not set up for 5.1 audio.

The FAQs to the right of this forum offer more information.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/471666

• 2. Re: Trouble Dragging Clips to Sceneline
            A.T. Romano Level 7

What is the project preset that you set in the New Project dialog when you opened Premiere Elements 7? And, was your AVCHD video recorded with 5.1 channel sound?

If AVCHD and Stereo, select the project preset NTSC/AVCHD/HD 1080i30 or the PAL counterpart if you are in a PAL location. That is for 1440 x 1080 with a HD anamorphic ratio that gets you your 1920 x 1080.

If AVCHD and 5.1 channel sound, select the project preset NTSC/AVCHD/HD 1080i30 5.1 channel sound or the PAL counterpart if you are in a PAL location. That is for 1440 x 1080 with a HD anamorphic ratio that gets you your 1920 x 1080.

If you are recording Full AVCHD (1920 x 1080, square pixels), then in NTSC/AVCHD select one of the appropriate options.

You should be in the Timeline, instead of the Sceneline View, where you can see what is actually going on.

Adjusting your project presets as indicated above should do the job.

ATR

1 person found this helpful