5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 10:12 AM by the_wine_snob

Help with Premiere Pro CS3

Texas-Texas

I am having problems with getting the audio track to go into the audio layer that I would like for it to go in.  I am trying to get the audio track to go into layer 1; however, it keeps dropping  into audio layer 3. Please tell me what I can do to get audio and video to place properly in the layers that I want them to go into.

• 1. Re: Help with Premiere Pro CS3
          Phil Griffith Level 2

I suspect that you are trying to bring in a mono audio track into your project. By default, the first 2 audion tracks are stereo. Importing a mono track will cause premiere to create a mono audio track which goes down below your existing tracks.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help with Premiere Pro CS3
            Texas-Texas Level 1

Thank you...this is ver helpful.  I produced the voice over in Soundbooth and you are probably right...however, the video that I am using is from a mobile device and the aduio from the video goes into the same track as the voice over. I want to use natural sound from the video under the voice over.

• 3. Re: Help with Premiere Pro CS3
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Probably the easiest way to assure that your Audio goes where you want it (so long as it is an appropriate Audio Track, per the answer above), is to Lock your existing Audio Track (mobile device's Audio Track), and then drag your SB Audio Clip below the Master Track. A new, appropriate Audio Track will be created for you. Note: Locking is not required, but does protect that Audio Track from a "dragging accident."

Good luck,

Hunt

PS when done, you can go to Sequence and Delete Unused, checking Audio Tracks to "tidy" things up a bit. You can also Rename each Audio Track (and Video Track) to suit your needs. You are not locked into Audio 1, etc.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help with Premiere Pro CS3
                Texas-Texas Level 1

Thank you...you're the best. I so appreciate this forum...so many smart people.

• 5. Re: Help with Premiere Pro CS3
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Thank you...you're the best.

Oh, far from it, but you're correct, as there are some really helpful people here. We're all just trying to do our best to help others get the most out of PrPro.

Kind words appreciated, though...

Hunt