3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 8:36 AM by the_wine_snob

Cannot add narration

Paul P Clarke Level 1

I am trying to add narration to a project and I get the message " cannot add narration as a record-enabled track in the time line is locked". I can open another project and add narration so the mic and set up are good. I checked the properties of both projects and they are the same. I went through all the settings and can't find anything wrong. The project starts with a title, then some photos and then video tracks. Has anyone any suggestions please.

• 1. Re: Cannot add narration
          the_wine_snob Level 9

PrE has two "fixed" Audio Tracks, Narration and Soundtrack. Is there anything on the Narration Track in your Project in question?

Since PrE does not allow Track Locking, as does PrPro, I have not seen this message, and there must be something that is "locking" the Track. Can you do a screen-cap of the entire Timeline (hint: hit the \ key [Backslash] to show the entire Timeline). There might be a clue there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Cannot add narration
            Paul P Clarke Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply. There was nothing on the narration track. I  opened a new project and used some of the same clips and was able to add  narration. So I will just start over with a new project, its only 10 dvi  clips and some photos so it won't be a big deal.
            Paul

• 3. Re: Cannot add narration
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got it sorted, though I wonder what there was about your original Project that "locked" the Narration Track. That is odd behavior, indeed. Maybe someone will drop by with a "hey, that happened to me, but when I did ______, everything was OK."

If you happen to find the culprit, please report back and good luck,

Hunt

BTW, welcome to the forum. I forgot that, 'cause I was focused on trying to figure out why the Narration Track was "locked."