3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 2:26 PM by Gregory Lafrance

VideoDisplay

ericc59 Level 1
      I have been looking all over for an answer on this. I have a simple flex video player app embedded in a website. The flex app needs to load a video off of a network drive available to the user (\\network-drive-name\Videos\video.flv). I tried setting the -use-network flag when I compile, but I'm always in the remote sandbox, and flex fails to load the video. Is this possible to do?

Thanks for any help.
        • 1. Re: VideoDisplay
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          I think you may need to have the user select the video file, and then upload it to the server, then download it to your Flex app for display.
          • 2. Re: VideoDisplay
            ericc59 Level 1
            Thanks for your reply.

The website is an intranet video training prototype. The videos are stored on a network drive or on the local hard drive. Right now they are wmv's being embedded with windows media player 10. This is working -- but it's ugly and not very flexible.. so I have converted them to flv and I am trying to display them with flash/flex for a smoother experience.

I am trying to load them directly to the flex app by passing the path to the video on the local network drive as a flashvar in the embed but can't seem to get it to load.

Streaming the videos off the site or with a flash media server is not an option right now.
            • 3. Re: VideoDisplay
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6
              In this case I would use AIR.