7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 9:05 AM by the_wine_snob

SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color

ktullu2001

Hello mates, I have a really simple question.

I want to change the color of my project from (default) black to white.

Thanks,

Ben

• 1. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Edit/Preferences/Appearance and then LIGHTER.

• 2. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
            ktullu2001 Level 1

Sorry my question was not clear.

What I mean is to switch the black to white (or any other color) background of my project

• 3. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Sorry, still not clear! Do you mean project or clip? If clip, use either Ultra CS3 or Keylight in AE to make a chroma key.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
                Jim_Simon Level 8

I think he means the Premiere generated black clips in the project.  In which case they'd have to be replaced by a white matte.

• 5. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Ok, I can understand that, but if you only have the option to create a BLACK clip, why is the OP talking about a project? I know this is difficult for people new on the forum, but it is extremely important to understand what they are really asking and use the proper terminology to make their point clear. I have stated this before, and I know I am repeating myself:

All the info we have is what the OP has WRITTEN. We can only read that. If the OP wants help, he better make sure we understand his issue, and there the dilemma arises.He often does not know the proper terminology that we, regulars, are accustomed to, which makes for a lot of miscommunications.

The lesson to be learned in a general sense, no way directed at the OP personally, is if you are new to editing and new to PR, is to read the Help file, manual and watch tutorials, as much as you can find. The registry bonus of LYNDA.COM is absolutely advisable.

• 6. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
                    ktullu2001 Level 1

Sorry about all that confusion.

I'm not a new user of Pr but yes, I'm quite new on this forum.

Thanks for the answers

Ben

• 7. Re: SIMPLE QUESTION: Change background color
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Ben,

I'm still not sure if you are looking to change the PrPro GUI (the display of the interface), or some aspect within your Project. If the "background" is what is seen in your Program Monitor, then creating a Color Matte on Video Track 1 will likely be the answer. You can choose the color that you desire and anything on the upper Video Tracks, that do not occupy the full Frame Size will have that Color Matte as the "background."

For the GUI, Harm has addressed that, but I do not think that is what you are asking for.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS an attached (use the little "camera" icon in the middle of the editing screen's Toolbar) screen-cap of your Timeline and your Program Monitor might clear things up a bit, in case you have not found the answer already. Just add some text to it in PS along the lines of "this is what I have now, but want to change it to a blue color... "