• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording doesn't work, gives me just one slide!

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my recording tool is not working...

Yesterday, everything was good, when I recorded, CP4 gave me lots of slides, with captures from my simulation.

Today, I just hear the camera sound for the first capture, and then it stops.

What's wrong!

I haven't touched my settings!

Anybody?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, nothing to offer other than to ask you to please consider reporting it to Adobe as a bug using the link below.

I've seen others report the same issue on many occasions. No solution I can recall to date.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, shoegaal,

Sounds like you're relying on Captivate to capture automatically.  Don't trust it!  Press Print Screen before, during, and after each interaction.

Leslie Bivens

E-Learning Developer/Captivate Coach

leslie@lesliebivens.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem.    

Everytime I record with Captivate 4, there is only one slide (3 seconds) available. Is there already a solution available or is it a serious bug?

If someone knows how to solve this problem, please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately nothing has changed with what you read earlier in this post.

Captivate works fine for most folks. Only a select few see this phenomenon. Unfortunately you must be one of the "lucky" ones. Sorry.

Please do report to Adobe as a bug!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response, Rick! Unfortunately not the good news I was hoping for .

I will report this to Adobe as a bug, as the software is pretty useless for me if I can't record anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Out of curiosity, does it work if you simply press the Print Screen key to try and capture? Or does that also produce a single blank slide once you are finished?

And how are you attempting to capture? Using the Demonstration or Simulation mode where you capture slide by slide or were you attempting using the Full Motion Recording mode?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, does it work if you simply press the Print Screen key to try and capture? Or does that also produce a single blank slide once you are finished?

If I use the Print Screen key everytime there is a new screen (during automatic and manual recording), Captivate still only displays one slide (3 seconds). The screen is never blank though, It just shows the first 3 seconds of my recording.

And how are you attempting to capture? Using the Demonstration or Simulation mode where you capture slide by slide or were you attempting using the Full Motion Recording mode?

I use the demonstration mode (no user interaction is needed). The Full Motion Recording mode is not an option for me; I may have to change some backgrounds in Captivate in a future update.

I reported the bug to Adobe.

And thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution:

Change the color quality to 16 bit. Apparently, 32 bit color is not supported in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm so pleased you were able to find something that worked for you!

I appreciate your sharing your solution with the community. I do have a question for you though.

Where exactly did you change this?

• In Windows?
  • In Captivate?
  • In the application you are attempting to capture?

Thanks again... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the color quality to 16 bit in Windows.

I've tested it again today. In 32 bit color, Captivate only records the first 3 seconds. In 16 bit color, Captivate records all the screen activities.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a software limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

I'm still confused. Are you referring to configuring your Windows Settings to 16 Bit color or are you referring to configuring Captivate to 16 bit?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources