4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 11:29 AM by jendehaan

Importing a Graphic File Causes the file to stop on Frame 1 (CS4)

Kurrykid Level 3

I am having an issue where if I import a graphic to the library or directly to the stage, it causes my movie to stop on frame #1, even though the graphic is on frame #40.  I have tried a .png, .jpg, and .psd and they all cause this behavior.  I have put other graphics in and never had this issue.

Does anyone know how I can overcome this very frustrating issue?

Thanks.

Dave

• 1. Re: Importing a Graphic File Causes the file to stop on Frame 1 (CS4)
          Kurrykid Level 3

It appears that all images that are being imported are causing random freezing when being tested.  Has anyone experienced this or can you make any suggestions.  I really need to move on and get back to developing

• 2. Re: Importing a Graphic File Causes the file to stop on Frame 1 (CS4)
            jendehaan Level 4

Hi Dave,

Make sure that you've updated to Flash 10.0.2 (has some graphic frame number and performance fixes).

If you still run into this or have 10.0.2 already, could you provide details about the file size and resolution of the assets you're importing, your system specs, and details about the FLA file you're importing to?  (or even better, any file exibiting this problem)  I haven't seen random freezes when publishing files after importing, apart from the regular wait to compile very large files.

Thanks,

Jen.

• 3. Re: Importing a Graphic File Causes the file to stop on Frame 1 (CS4)
              Kurrykid Level 3

Thanks Jen...I've been able to determine it is through the logic I am using with the SharedObject.  When I find the value to be "false", I am sending it to Frame 45 (gotoAndStop(45)).  However, it is not going to Frame 45.  For some reason the gotoAndStop is not performing.  If I check the variable and put the trace statement in the code, it shows that it is going through the if statement and just not executing the gotoAndStop(45) portion.  Here's the code:

var localData=SharedObject.getLocal("disclaimerPref");
              var localPrefData = localData.data.pref;
              if (localData.data.pref==null)
              {
                localData.data.pref="false";
              localData.flush();
              trace("localPrefData = "+localPrefData);
              }
              else if(localPrefData=="false") {
              trace("hello");
                gotoAndStop(45);
              }

Thanks.

Dave

• 4. Re: Importing a Graphic File Causes the file to stop on Frame 1 (CS4)
                jendehaan Level 4

Hey there,

I tried out the code, and for me the hello is tracing, and I'm seeing the movie go to 45 (and it's tracing currentframe as 45). If you isolate just that snippet it's not working for you in 10.0.2?