5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2009 11:58 PM by Linda Nicholls

Rotating Image - JPEG Quality?

Tooley57

I am working on an image:

LINK: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/destroyac/testing2.jpg

I need the center image (man stealing her purse) to change to 12-13 different photos ... and I have various hotspots that I have implemented. I have the stages done ... but the only format that works for the changing image is GIF and that makes the image look like crap, it's all pixelated and bleh.

I've included a few images.

Perhaps what I am trying to get done is best done in another program?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Rotating Image - JPEG Quality?
          JohnDoe40 Level 1

Tooley57 wrote:

I need the center image (man stealing her purse) to change to 12-13 different photos ... and I have various hotspots that I have implemented. I have the stages done ... but the only format that works for the changing image is GIF and that makes the image look like crap, it's all pixelated and bleh.

I'm sorry, Tooley57. Could you please clarify whether you want the center image to cycle through 12-13 different photos automatically, or do you want the image to change when the user clicks?

If you want to create a slideshow, just click Commands > Create slideshow.

• 2. Re: Rotating Image - JPEG Quality?
            pixlor Level 4

What you want is an animation. The only image animation format is GIF, which (as you've noticed) has a limited palette that is not well-suited to photographs.

You could create an animation using Flash or you could use JavaScript to cycle through the imgages. Generally, a slide show will have controls. You probably want something more like this:

http://javascriptsolutions.blogspot.com/2009/05/javascript-slideshow-with-timeout.html

or

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=651FF (using Dreamweaver to build the code).

(I searched Google with the phrase: javascript swap image timeout.)

• 3. Re: Rotating Image - JPEG Quality?
              Tooley57 Level 1

I want the images to cycle automatically with a 2 second delay. I have it working and looking GREAT in Fireworks, until I export it -- then it craps out with the animated gif option. You are correct in saying that Animated GIFs -suck- at color palette options.

I'll have to host all of my photos online and then try to get Dreamweaver to do the trick, I guess... and that stinks because I don't know that program what-so-ever.

• 4. Re: Rotating Image - JPEG Quality?' in Fireworks
                pixlor Level 4

I think...that the second link I posted will do for you, even if you are not very familar with Dreamweaver.

The code under "You Spin Me Right 'Round Baby, Right 'Round" takes a list of image names, counts how many there are, and then loops through displaying them. You might want to name yours 01.jpg, 02.jpg, through 12.jpg.

It's either code like this or make a video in Flash or something that you can embed.

Good luck!

• 5. Re: Rotating Image - JPEG Quality?
                  Linda Nicholls Level 4

Export in SWF format rather than GIF format.  Choose File > Save As. Select Adobe Flash SWF for Save copy as. Click on the Options button to refine your export choices.