11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 1:47 PM by JaysonM-Y

Media Encoder updates yet??????

Rizzer Level 1

Anyone know if Media Encoder will be fixed soon.  All the random errors it does are driving me nuts!  At least give us back the export option form Premiere until it is fixed!!!!

• 1. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I haven't had any issues with AME myself.  Works great evey time.  What's happening on your end?

• 2. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try PPro Troubleshooting http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If still not fixed after you do what is suggested, return with DETAILS asked for in questions at end

• 3. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
              Rizzer Level 1

How about my original post?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/456945?tstart=0

It does random errors randomly.  Sometimes it wont include a glow - sometimes it will.  Sometimes it doesn't render some of my audio - sometimes it does.  Others also report RANDOM things - like not including cross dissolves.  I work with 5 other people who all experience different AME export issues that seem completely random.  Random because it will sometimes do what we need it to do and sometimes not on the exact same export of the exact same project. We all have the latest MAC's and PC's running CS4, so it isn't a platform thing.

Not trying to start a pissing match here.  There IS a problem with media encoder and I just want to be able to export my projects.  I have used Premiere for over 12 years now, so i think i understand what is a bug and what is operator error.

• 4. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                the_wine_snob Level 9

The update that came out right about CS4.1 was the last that I had heard about. I do not know if the AME update was PART of CS4.1, or if they were separate physical updates.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

One thing I didn't see in any of your posts was the source media being used?

• 6. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                    Rizzer Level 1

First, thank you all for the support on this.

Well, it has now happened on three completely different projects. Each project is completely different.

One was just audio and 3-D video created in house (exported via Lightwave).  The second was just Istock pictures with some AE DLed text effects.  Even after rendering out an uncompressed .avi of the after effect render, Premiere showed the image perfectly during preview, and yet it changed upon export via AME.  third, the one that is frustrating me today, is much bigger and involves keyed footage i shot (project is set to my camera recorded requirements) and also has pictures and other renders via AE DL.

I first thought it might be a DL thing (Dynamic Link), but the first project had nothing to do with AE and the second one I removed AE from the picture when I rendered out and replaced what i was originally DLing.

• 7. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                      Jim_Simon Level 8

OK, by "source media" I specifically meant format - DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, etc.

• 8. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                        Rizzer Level 1

Sorry about the delay in posting -  i am absolutely swamped today.  The extra frustration of AME doesn't help.

Different sources on each project.  One was NTSC (29.97) project with NTSC video created and exported in-house by our 3D department and using a voice-over professionally recorded in .wav 48Khz format uncompressed.  Another was just images purchased on istock with AE DLed text.  The last was DVCHDPRO 720/30P project using footage I personally shot along with some AE elements and custom music created inhouse.

PC's are all Dell Precision T5400 running Vista Business 64-bit, 12 gigs ram, dual quad intel Xeon 2gig processors, Nvidia Gforce 8800GT video cards.

Mac's are intel G5's running 10.5 with 8 gigs ram in one and 12 gigs ram in other.

Now, this doesn't always happen.  I can work on several projects and never have an issue on export.  But when it does happen, it is beyond frustrating.

If this was just me at home, i would be more inclined to believe it was on my end.  But since I am at work, with 5 people total running 5 top-class machines that never have any other issues - along with the fact that i know premiere very well - I am almost certain there is a bug within AME.

• 9. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

I went ahead and linked to this thread from the previous one, just to help those "following along at home."

I also modified some of my comments in that other thread, to reflect info now in this one.

It is sounding more like a Bug with each post. Besides your collegues, there is at least one other poster with similar problems (though DL was not ruled out yet with that issue). Craig also experienced similar.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                            Jim_Simon Level 8
                            NTSC (29.97) project with NTSC video created and exported in-house by our 3D department

Perhaps I mispoke. That info still doesn't include the video codec used.

images purchased on istock

As JPEG, PNG, PSD, something else?  At what resolution, and used in what resolution sequence?

DVCHDPRO 720/30P project using footage I personally shot

Now that's the stuff.

• 11. Re: Media Encoder updates yet??????
                              JaysonM-Y Level 3

Rizzer wrote:

At least give us back the export option form Premiere until it is fixed!!!!

Yes.. I totally agree.... or at lest the ability to export a reffernence movie.