5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 10:14 AM by kglad

show images in a swf file

birtlet

Hi all,

I'm new of flash.

I'm creating a web site using adobe flash cs4.

I need to insert an images slideshow but i have a problem and I cannot understand what is the solution.

I import in my library many images which I put into a layer after converting them to a movieclip.

When I press enter I can see the images but when I press test movie i cannot see them.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot in advance

birtlet

• 1. Re: show images in a swf file
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

are you using a mask?  are you using any actionscript?  are you assigning any movieclip properties (like an alpha) after place the movieclips on-stage?

• 2. Re: show images in a swf file
            birtlet Level 1

I'm sorry if I was not clear and not exahustive.

1. I' using a mask but I think it isn't a problem since when I press enter I can see the picture in a correct way

2. I'm usign a simple action script to stop the movie at the last frame and to show two button

( w.r.t. this I'd like to ask to you how, with the action script, I can refer to an object created into the stage. I try through is reference name but it doesn't work)

3. After placing the movie clip into the stage I assigned alpha properties to the movie-clip. in particular I Have transformed the images into movie-clips and then after creating a motion tween i set the alpha properties.

I Hope to be exausistive. Anyway I cannot attach here my .fla It is too big (64 MB). I don't know how i can give you my source code. If you know, please tell me.

Thanks a lot.

• 3. Re: show images in a swf file

i generally don't download and correct files unless i'm hired to do so.

and i don't understand what you're doing so i can't help.  perhaps someone else will be able to understand and help you.

• 4. Re: show images in a swf file
                birtlet Level 1

I'm sorry...

but I think that forums born to share knowledge, maybe this is not the same for you... no problems... next time I'll send you a payment

but now I think that I'll found people that share my idea and will be happy first to understand me and then to help.

Thanks a lot... again

• 5. Re: show images in a swf file

you're welcome.