3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2009 10:48 AM by creacog -

problem loading a relative/local resource

creacog -

I just tried using the VideoElement to load a local test.flv which resides in the same folder as the SWF.

if I use

new URLResource( "test.flv" );

LoaderBase throws MediaFrameworkStrings.ILOADER_CANT_HANDLER_RESOURCE

(note: typo in the constant name)

If I use

new URLResource( "file:///pathToMyFlexProject/bin-debug/test.flv" );

It works fine.

So, should relative paths be accepted ?

Looking at NetLoader suggests to me that PROTOCOL_EMPTY is designed to catch and manage such a resource? Unfortunately, the call to validateLoad throws the exception before it is reached.

This is my first day of OSMF so I'm not sure if I am doing something stupid or simply hit a bug.

Thanks.

Error: ILoader unable to handle the given IMediaResource

at org.openvideoplayer.loaders::LoaderBase/validateLoad()[/Volumes/binky/projects/0000-3rdPa rtyAS3/osmf/osmf_source_s3/framework/MediaFramework/org/openvideoplayer/loaders/LoaderBase .as:99]

at org.openvideoplayer.net::NetLoader/load()[/Volumes/binky/projects/0000-3rdPartyAS3/osmf/o smf_source_s3/framework/MediaFramework/org/openvideoplayer/net/NetLoader.as:99]

at org.openvideoplayer.traits::LoadableTrait/load()[/Volumes/binky/projects/0000-3rdPartyAS3 /osmf/osmf_source_s3/framework/MediaFramework/org/openvideoplayer/traits/LoadableTrait.as: 147]

at org.openvideoplayer.media::MediaPlayer/updateTraitListeners()[/Volumes/binky/projects/000 0-3rdPartyAS3/osmf/osmf_source_s3/framework/MediaFramework/org/openvideoplayer/media/Media Player.as:834]

at org.openvideoplayer.media::MediaPlayer/set source()[/Volumes/binky/projects/0000-3rdPartyAS3/osmf/osmf_source_s3/framework/MediaFram ework/org/openvideoplayer/media/MediaPlayer.as:284]