2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 9:06 PM by webtechhosting

Embedding Adobe TV

webtechhosting

Hey Fellow Flex'ers,

I was just thinking how nice it would be to share share some of the adobe Tv media with my users,

However I wa sthinking there could be problems,in using adobes tutorials,etc.

Is it safe to embed the media player on my site,without any legal issues,etc?

I mean thats what the embed feature is there for Right?

Please let me know what Your thoughts are,

We would obviously state that the tutorial,and media player are by Adobe.

and our site is not illegal,etc,

Thanks

• 1. Re: Embedding Adobe TV
          Muzak Level 3

From what I can tell by reading the terms of use, you're not allowed to do so:

http://www.adobe.com/misc/copyright.html

5. Use of Adobe Materials, User Content and Shared Group Content.

a. Except as indicated to the contrary in any applicable Additional Terms, Adobe hereby grants you a license to view, download and print Materials provided by Adobe ("Adobe Materials") and any Materials provided by Users ("User Content"), except for Shared Group Content, subject to the following conditions:

i. You may access and use the Adobe Materials and User Content solely for personal, informational, non-commercial and internal purposes, in accordance with the Terms;
          ii. You may not modify or alter the Adobe Materials or User Content;
          iii. You may not distribute or sell, rent, lease, license or otherwise make the Adobe Materials or the User Content available to others; and
          iv. You may not remove any text, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Adobe Materials or User Content.

But you're right, there's an embed feature on Adobe TV, so.. it's confusing..

Edit:

Looked at the "About" section on Adobe TV, and there it says you can put them on your blog:

http://tv.adobe.com/#about

Halfway down the page: Sharing with blog posts and e-mails

• 2. Re: Embedding Adobe TV
            webtechhosting Level 1

If Im not mistaken,It also says website there.

Thank You so much for answering this for me ,

Much appreciated,God Bless.