2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 6:43 AM by the_wine_snob

CS3 - Premiere repeatedly conforming video?

Dario D. Level 1

I have 2 video files here (both MPEG4, with MP3 audio) that keep "conforming" about once every 2 or 3 minutes. Any ideas? I'm not changing them... I'm not even working on the project. (Premiere is sitting idle on a side screen, and I keep noticing the bar in the bottom-right that says "conforming". It was doing that earlier too, when I WAS working on it)

• 1. Re: CS3 - Premiere repeatedly conforming video?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

That is the much touted AI part of CS3. You probably made a note by your bedside, reminding yourself that you needed to do some things in this project and PR in its mysterious ways read that note and is now preparing for your task. Artificial Intelligence is nice to have, don't you agree? If you don't want that, you have to provide more details.

• 2. Re: CS3 - Premiere repeatedly conforming video?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

By chance, do you have Windows Indexing turned on for that drive? What can happen is that Indexing will "lock" a file, while it does its thing. If PrPro checks during that time, it cannot see the .CFA file, so assumes that it was removed. Well, it's still there, but during the unnecessary indexing (Windows Indexing cannot use anything in most files that are used by an NLE, but it tries. Large files take a while.) PrPro gets the report that the file is "locked," and just creates a new one, which gets "locked," and on it goes.

Might not be the case here, but I would turn Windows Indexing off for that HDD and for ALL of its folders. This can be done in Properties from Windows Explorer.

Hope that that is the cause, 'cause it's so easy to fix. If not, then help us with full details of your System, your Assets and your Project.

Good luck,

Hunt