3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 7:23 AM by John T Smith

Premiere Pro CS4 will not load

Team Janner

I have used Premiere Pro 1.5 but thought I would get up to date so purchased Premiere Pro CS4 which comes bundled with Encore CS4. I have to say from the outset that I do not have the suggested 2Gb of RAM but with my 512Mb of RAM thought the program would run okay but just a little slower. The install seemed to go okay but when I try to load Premiere Pro I just get the splash screen for a few seconds and then nothing. It's the same with Encore. The other two programs that come with Premiere Pro CS4, On Location and Adobe Media Encoder load and work okay. I have read of other people who have the suggested 2Gb of RAM having problems so maybe it's not just a RAM problem. Any ideas please ?

Thanks TJ

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 will not load
          Harm Millaard Level 7

First make sure your system meets the minimum requirements. Since it currently does not, it is a waste of effort to investigate further.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 will not load
            the_wine_snob Level 9

RAM is very cheap. I would do myself a favor, were I you, and fill the MoBo with up to 4GB (properly spec'ed). Even if you still fail to meet the requirements for CS4, your existing apps. will love you for it, and life will likely get easier.

I'd look at my HDD's, while in the case and make sure that I had a minimum of 3x 7200RPM HDD's. If you only have one HDD, it's likely filled to near capacity already. You can probably clean some "stuff" off with the additional HDD's and make life better all of the way around.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 will not load
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Boss bought me Adobe Dreamweaver so I could work on the Department's web site... it wouldn't even install on the 512Meg I had, so had to buy more memory to get it to install and run

Not only that, the MINIMUM specifications that Adobe posts really don't allow you to work very well

My current rig (see http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM for specs) is OK for SD work... but when I get to the point of creating an ISO to write to DVD, I just start Encore before I go to bed and 6-8 hours later when I get up the process is done