15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2008 1:55 AM by ibmaris

dowload video tutorials

Arthur Velly Level 1
      Hi, do you know how can I load the videos tutorials? I leave on a small island with a poor connection during the day, i wishes to dowload them during the night but where is the flv or the swf ? thanks
        • 1. Re: dowload video tutorials
          Level 7
          This is the URL for the program:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/videotraining/

I don't think you can download the videos . .I think you have to view them
          online. You should be able to download the exercise PDFs however and you
          can surely download the asset zips .. although they do not include completed
          files.

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
          DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
          Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"formello" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g6na2v$80$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi, do you know how can I load the videos tutorials? I leave on a small
          > island
          > with a poor connection during the day, i wishes to dowload them during the
          > night but where is the flv or the swf ? thanks
          >

• 2. Re: dowload video tutorials
            Arthur Velly Level 1
            Thanks Nancy,If the tutorials could be dowloaded, full accessibilty was riched.In this case if you do not have speed connection hard to follow...
            thanks any way
            • 3. Re: dowload video tutorials
              wtbell3
              One of the "problems" with the course: The videos are opened in a window that does not allow scrolling and, thus, does not allow access to the controls so you cannot start and stop the videos or back up to catch something you missed.

To work around this shortcoming, you can save a link to the video (found at the end of each video) and then call them up in a full browser. If you scroll down, you will have access to the controls if you need them.
              • 4. Re: dowload video tutorials
                Level 7
                Probably depends on your resolution. I recently bumped mine up to 1280 x
                960 to get ready for the CS4 Production programs and I have no problems
                getting the whole screen and the controls in the window. Doesn't even take
                up quite the whole thing. :)

Nancy

"wtbell3" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:g6th7d$35u$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > One of the "problems" with the course: The videos are opened in a window
                > that
                > does not allow scrolling and, thus, does not allow access to the controls
                > so
                > you cannot start and stop the videos or back up to catch something you
                > missed.
                >
                > To work around this shortcoming, you can save a link to the video (found
                > at
                > the end of each video) and then call them up in a full browser. If you
                > scroll
                > down, you will have access to the controls if you need them.
                >

• 5. Re: dowload video tutorials
                  wtbell3 Level 1
                  Yes, changing the resolution would fix the problem, but then I would have to wear reading glasses to see the screen. Someday when I get my mammoth monitor, I can think of the larger resolutions; for now, I'm stuck with my 1024 x 768 and remember my old monitor that was much smaller!
                  • 6. Re: dowload video tutorials
                    Level 7
                    I hear you .. I never thought I would get used to it either but I did. And
                    I find a lot more room when I'm developing now. But I do get your point.

Nancy

"wtbell3" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                    news:g6tmvo$8on$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Yes, changing the resolution would fix the problem, but then I would have
                    > to
                    > wear reading glasses to see the screen. Someday when I get my mammoth
                    > monitor,
                    > I can think of the larger resolutions; for now, I'm stuck with my 1024 x
                    > 768
                    > and remember my old monitor that was much smaller!
                    >

• 7. Re: dowload video tutorials
                      Arthur Velly Level 1
                      Thank you guys for your interest,but I thinks that I wrote the post in a wrong way...(english my 4th language.)I easly can open the pop up window by coping the url on top of the pop up window,and open it in a full broswer window.(even if I see the control with the pop up...)Nancy, my normal working res 1440 X 900 on a 17¨´ Precision Dell laptop.Wath I wish to say is :I couldn't find the path of the flv.I load the js that embed the swf, i saw the swf,but could not find the the name and location of "VideoId=46626 ect etc" something like this, i don t remember now...In the most case with some extension on my FF 3 I can load all class of video, but apparently this player and brightcove guys make a great job to make "invisible"the source FLV.(Howhever,on brightcove tv, yes you can dowload...)So my final point until now is:Ok ,great !!, free tutorial on flex for beginners (I'm an entusiast of as 2...)...Very Very nice idea.Now, wich percentage of your target audience still run a poor 54 kb/s connection?Is it so hard to put a link that says:Dowload flv?(then i can load the flv with any dowload accelerator like flashget for ex.)Your collegue, Lee Brimelow on his GTAL had the(great) idea to put a "getURL" link to the flv of the tutorial.Now, is it an Adobe Priv_Policy issue? or maibe they just "forget" when they buid the player menu..
                      Anyway, I'm still interested of the argument, so if someone know wich is the path of the flv, I think I will really start with flex.Video tut are very good to start, and I m a strong buyer of them, TT,Lynda.com,and amazon books.....
                      thanks anyway
                      Arthur
                      • 8. Re: dowload video tutorials
                        inder83
                        It will be great if you guys provide a link to download videos. So that after downloading we can view them in offline mode also
                        • 9. Re: dowload video tutorials
                          marcusw1234
                          I second both of these points - I'm on a 1280x800 laptop screen and can't see the video controls in the popup. Very annoying.

And it'd be great to have the videos downloadable in a few formats - like mp4 for iPods.
                          • 10. Re: dowload video tutorials
                            PastaPrimavera Level 1
                            I agree, these videos are great, but without the ability to stop pause or at the very least download them, makes it irritating to say the least!
                            • 12. Re: dowload video tutorials
                              rsadwick
                              Hello,

These videos use Brightcove as storage. Here is a quick way to download them:

1. Download Orbit at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Orbit_Downloader

2. Grab the URL for each video, for example:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1681730258

I got this url by simply rolling over the link to the video. Remember to clean up the javaScript popup.

3. Open Orbit: File > Enter New Url to Download > and paste the URL in the program.

Ryan

• 13. Re: dowload video tutorials
                                Arthur Velly Level 1
                                Hi Ryanb
                                thanks for you effort, but i get the same result as i tried with flashget.Did you try to download them?
                                lather
                                • 14. Re: dowload video tutorials
                                  onlymullapudi
                                  Hi guys,

I was able to download all the video's, with the help of DownloadHelper add-on of firefox.

Go to this site https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and search for downloadHelper, and add it to your firefox.

It will show an icon on the menu bar, whenever there is a video it can download.

Now get the link of the video ( http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1676043168), and paste it in your browser, when you do that, you will see that the downloadHelper icon rotating, just press that icon to download.

It worked for me...I downloaded all the videos.

regards,
                                  krishna.
                                  • 15. Re: dowload video tutorials
                                    ibmaris
                                    Ryan, thanks for the download information. I was able to use Orbit and quickly download all the videos. That was a great help.

Maris