3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 12:33 PM by TanTurn

RH8 opens project but then hangs indefinitely - Help

TanTurn

Hi,

I am running RH 8 - an upgrade from RH 5. Today, when I open an RH 8 project, RH opens loads the starter page and the Project manager pane, and then hangs indefinitely. I can't open any topics, I can't navigate to any menus, pods, nothing. I can see that the folder structure (HTML, Baggage etc) but can't get it to stop hanging.

I noticed that a number of people have had similar issues so I have done the following in an attempt at self-help:

• I have tried opening all my projects in the off chance the problem was caused by one project, but none of them will open and RH hangs on all of them.
      • I deleted the cpd and restarted each project, and got the same problem.
      • I looked at #7 in Peter Grainges RH 8 issues page (BaseCSS_res.dll) and implemented that - same problem still exists.

I am running a Windows XP system with 2 GB of RAM (upgraded to this because I thought it might help the slowness of RH 8 and it has somewhat (though this is an aside)).

The projects are all on my local computer.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am now at the point that I may try to reinstall and rebuild a project from scratch though as they are very large I would prefer not to.

Thank you in advance,

Tannis