31 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2009 12:41 PM by the_wine_snob

Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements

Canon Girl

Hi am trying to burn a DVD using Premiere Elements 3.0. My computer will go through the lengthy process of attempting to burn the CD. At the very end, the drive pops the DVD out and I get a message that states: Unknown error 2130906112. I have burned successfully in the past, but am unable to now. I have tried to do this about 7 times with this specific project and have had no success. I have used two different types of DVD+R (Memorex and Verbatim). My project is approximately 56 minutes long. Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

• 1. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The most likely cause of this is that you're using DVD+R discs in a DVD-R drive. So ensure that that is not the case.

There are a number of other reasons DVD burns fail -- but, if you're getting your disc ejected from the drive, it's usually indication that something is wrong with either your burner or your disc media.

• 2. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
            Ed.Macke Level 3

This seems to be the week for DVD burning issues...

My first recommendation would be to use PRE to "Burn to Folder". Normally, when you push the "Burn" button, PRE actually has to do 2 things: 1) encode your project into DVD format, and then 2) burn those files to an actual DVD. When you "burn to folder", PRE will perform Step 1 (encode your project to DVD format), but instead of burning the files to actual DVD media, it will just save those files in the hard drive location you specify.

There are several advantages to doing this, but our immediate advantage is that if you have burning issues, you can just restart the burning step - you don't need to wait for PRE to re-do the encoding.

So, Step 1. Go to Share, select Disc. In "Burn To", instead of selecting "DVD", select "Folder" (4.7 GB). Choose the folder location, and click Burn. When PRE is finished, you can go to the folder location you specified and see that it created a VIDEO_TS folder underneath your chosen folder. That VIDEO_TS contains your DVD-encoded project.

Step 2 will be to actually burn your DVD. If you have Nero, or something similar, you can use that. If not, there's a free program called ImgBurn that works great. The important thing with this step is to choose the slowest burn speed you can tolerate (I will typically use 2X, or 4X if I'm in a hurry). Use the Verbatim media, not the Memorex.

Try this and report back on what happened.

If it still won't burn, at least you only have to focus on fixing Step 2, which will have nothing to do with PRE.

• 3. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have never had a burning problem, but I always create a file and use http://www.imgburn.com/ anyway

Imgburn has many more options, and allows me to burn at a SLOW speed for best operation

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                Ed.Macke Level 3

Steve,

I thought most burners could handle a multitude of formats (+R, -R, +RW, etc.). It's been a long time since I've seen a DVD burner that was DVD-R only. Do you still see this a lot? How could the original poster verify what format her drive supported?

Also, does the fact that the DVD is being popped out at the *end* of the burn suggest anything? Or maybe it just looked like it was the end of the "burn" when it was really just the end of the encoding?

• 5. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Ed,

They can, provided that they are Multi-drives. That is the actual official name for that type of burner. Most current burners ARE Multi-drives. Still, there are some that are not. Once the -R and +R carried a lot more weight. With the replacement of older set-top players and older burners/drives, it is much less of a problem than it once was. Still, for older equipment, it can still cause issues. When shipping DVD-Videos out to a client, one must keep in the back of their head, that a change from -R to +R (or the other way around) might have to be made, depending on the client's/recipeint's gear. Each year, it becomes less of a concern, but there's still a ton of older gear out there. You can bet that Aunt Marge will have a +R only player, if you send that travelogue DVD-Video in -R format!

Hunt

• 7. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's ANOTHER, but other than the question on Project size, not sure that it adds much.

However, it does point up the possibility of too much Video on the disc. What is the Duration of your Project? Do you have a lot of Menus, i.e. several Scene Selection Menus?

PrE does a good job of getting one's material on a disc with the highest possible quality. However, it can only "guess" at the best Transcode settings, i.e. how much to compress the material into the MPEG-2 format/CODEC. It uses a two-pass Transcoder. In the first pass, it basically surveys the footage and tries to find the best places to compress more without ill results. On the second pass, it begins the compression on the "hard parts," but it not really until the Transcoding process has completed, that it knows how much this all worked. If you are pushing the limits and have some difficult material (fast subject, or camera movement) and have chosen too high a quality setting, PrE might fail to get it all compressed enough to fit. It would not know this, until the end.

Tell us about your Project, with particular details to the Duration, the types of movement and also the settings that you chose for the burn.

The suggestion to Burn to Folder and then use ImgBurn for the physical burning is a good one. You can then see how well PrE handled the Transcoding, as ImgBurn will give you an immediate error, if the data streams are too big to fit.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                      Ed.Macke Level 3
                      You can bet that Aunt Marge will have a +R only player, if you send that travelogue DVD-Video in -R format!

Too true!! I've had that problem, actually.

My thinking was more along the lines that if a computer is recent enough to be NLE-capable, you'd think it would have a multi-drive.

Boy, remember the good old days when your biggest worry was +R / -R compatability, and whether it would play burned DVDs? Now we've got that still hanging around, but we've added Widescreen capability, whether the DVD player recognizes the widescreen flag,  whether the recipient has HD/BluRay.... what's next, I wonder?

• 9. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                        Ed.Macke Level 3

FYI, from the OP:

My project is approximately 56 minutes long.
                        • 10. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

My thinking was more along the lines that if a computer is recent enough to be NLE-capable, you'd think it would have a multi-drive.

Ed,

That would be a good bet, but not necessarily a "lock." If the drive is called a Multi-drive, you should be good to go - though that does not help "Aunt Marge... "

Hunt

• 11. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                            the_wine_snob Level 9
                            Imgburn has many more options, and allows me to burn at a SLOW speed for best operation

John,

You hit on probably the biggest problem with PrE (well, next to the semi-automatic authoring, that is) and burning DVD's - it does an average of the speed of the media and the burner's capability and sets the speed accordingly and at the fastest possible for that combo.

Others have mentioned, and rightfully so, the media brand - very, very important. Right up there is the speed of the burn. Slow IS better and better by a long shot for playability on the widest range of set-top players. Remember (not directed at you, 'cause you know this already), NO set-top player is required to play ANY burned DVD. To carry that "DVD" logo, it MUST play repclicated, pressed commercial DVD-Videos. That is the ONLY requirement. If they play any burned disc, you are ahead of the game. Most do, if burned slowly on really good media, but none is REQUIRED to do so.

For me, Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden and the slowest possible speed have gotten me by - 100% so far with well over 1000 DVD-Videos burned.

There are only a few moments difference between the slowest burn speed and the fastest. One redo and you have lost time. Most of the actual time, that seems to go into the burn of a DVD-Video is in the Transcoding. That is the exact same whether you burn at 2x or 32x.

Go slowly and use only really good media.

Hunt

• 12. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                              Canon Girl Level 1

First and foremost, thank you to all of you who are helping me find a solution to my issue. I'm anxiously wanting to burn precious videos of my baby girls to DVD.

To clarify things a bit:

• The disk pops out of the drive at the end of the encoding process (I originally said it was the burning process).
                              • I've used DVD-R in the past and it's worked. I've had issues with DVD+R. I don't know if my drive is compatible to that? My computer was purchased in '04.
                              • The video is approximately 56 minutes long with a menu page including 6 menu markers.
                              • I've successfully burned the video to a folder on my external hard drive.

I want to try the ImgBurn that was recommended. I went to the site. Do I simply click on "Download Burning Software" to download it to my computer? Does it contain anything that may harm my computer?

Please continue to help me through this process. Thanks again for your help!!!

• 13. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                Canon Girl Level 1

Oh, I made a mistake in my last post. I am using DVD+R and they have worked in the past. DVD-R is what has not worked. Please continue to help!!!

• 14. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                  Ed.Macke Level 3

Make sure you are at www.imgburn.com (the official site). Download from one of the "mirror" sites. It should ask to save an .EXE to your hard drive.

I believe the .EXE should be a setup program that will install ImgBurn.

And, yes, it's  perfectly safe - no spyware, junkware, or any of that kind of stuff.

1 person found this helpful
                                  • 15. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                    Canon Girl Level 1

Okay, so I went to www.imgburn.com/

I then clicked on teh download link at the top of the page. There are several mirror sites listed. Which one should I click on? I want to make sure I do this correctly.

Thanks!

• 16. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                      Ed.Macke Level 3

Doesn't matter - they should be all the same.

• 17. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                        Canon Girl Level 1

Getting closer!!! Just tried the IMG burn process. My DVD did burn. However, I am unable to access the menu to open the movie.  I burned the VIDEO_TS file using Img. Should I have also burned the OpenDVD file?

• 18. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                          Ed.Macke Level 3

No, you don't need the OpenDVD files.

When you say "can't access the menus", what do you mean? Does the movie just play, with no menu? Or do you just get nothing? Are you playing this on a standalone DVD player or on your computer?

• 19. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                            Canon Girl Level 1

I am playing this video back on my Playstation 3. The Title Menu came up along with the music that I included in the video. However, I was unable to togle in between the menu and scenes screen.

• 20. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                                              I want to try the ImgBurn that was recommended. I went to the site. Do I simply click on "Download Burning Software" to download it to my computer? Does it contain anything that may harm my computer?

Yes, go to www.imgburn.com, and download the installer. It should be SetupImgBurn_2.4.4.0.exe (unless there is a newer version available). The date on the files should be: 7/17/2009 and the file size 1993KB (unless updated).

It is a small program and will install from that .exe file. As always, one should practice safe computing. Just to make sure that no one has hacked the ImgBurn site, run that .exe through your virus scanner. Install.

When you launch the program, the first thing that it will do is survey your system, looking for your burners. It will tell you the make and model of your burner, plus its firmware version. It will tell you what it can burn - full specs. ImgBurn will NOT allow any incompatible media to be used in your selected burner. It will give you an error message, if the inserted media in incompatible. [Aside: read any error messages as most are humorous. When bored, I'll delibertly do something wrong, just to read the error message.]

Then, all you have to do is point the program to the location of your VIDEO_TS folder (Burn to Folder from PrE), and tell it to Burn. You'll likely get a message regarding the Disc Label, and it will suggest some Labels for you to choose. If the choices are good one (usually are), then accept. If not, you can change the Disc Label. If there are any other setup issues, the program will ask you to help it figure those out. This might be something like the "working" folder's location, but nothing really involved. The Mode to use will be DVD-Video, as ImgBurn can do other types of burns, as well.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 21. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                I am playing this video back on my Playstation 3. The Title Menu came up along with the music that I included in the video. However, I was unable to togle in between the menu and scenes screen.

I do not know about any limitation in the PS3. What you describe could be one of three things:

1.) the PS3

2.) the authoring of the DVD-Video (in PrE)

3.) the disc brand and burn speed

Someone with knowledge of the PS3 will have to help with #1. If there is an authoring issue, please give us the full details of your PrE Project and probably a screen-cap of the Disc tab (basically the PrE "flowchart"), plus a description of the Timeline (again, a screen-cap of it can be useful). For #3, what brand and type did you use? What burn speed did you choose?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 22. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                  Ed.Macke Level 3

And can you select "Play" to play the movie, and what happens when you do?

P.S. I only have an XBox.

• 23. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                    Canon Girl Level 1

I went to the Img site and clicked the "Download" link at the top of the page. I then clicked on Mirror 8 - Provided by ImgBurn.  I didn't see the link that you mentioned. Where is it located on the site? Did I do it correctly?

Thanks for your help!

• 24. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                      Canon Girl Level 1

Yes, I can select play on the controller and the movie plays. I just can't access the scenes. At one attempt, I pushed a button and the scene menu popped up, but I was never able to do that again. The Playstation controller is so different than your typical remote control. Anyways, with all of the other movies I've ever made using PPE, I've been able to toggle in between menus.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 25. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                        Ed.Macke Level 3

Also, do you have a standalone DVD player you can try this in (try it in a neighbors or something, perhaps)?

That would help narrow down whether it's a PS3 issue.

• 26. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                          I went to the Img site and clicked the "Download" link at the top of the page. I then clicked on Mirror 8 - Provided by ImgBurn.

Sounds like you did everything correctly. As Ed says, there is little difference in the Mirrored Servers.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 27. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                            Canon Girl Level 1

Good question! Can you believe that I do not own a stand alone DVD player? I've got a PS2 and PS3, but no regular DVD player. Let me see if I can toggle in between menus on the saved copy that was burned to a folder. I'll be right back...

• 28. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                              I do not own a stand alone DVD player? I've got a PS2 and PS3, but no regular DVD player.

If you have a DVD software player on your computer (note: without additions, recent copies of Windows Media Player will not play a DVD-Video), you can test there. Navigation is just a tad bit different, as one is using a mouse, rather than a remote, but that should tell you about the function of the Buttons.

Just wish I knew something about the PS2 & 3 units, but have never even seen one, except in electronics shops.

Now, one test for you would be to go to an electronics shop and ask to demo the DVD-Video. If they also sell the PS3 units, maybe the salesperson could assist you on how it works with DVD-Video discs. I know that a lot of folk use the PS3's to play their BD (Blu-ray Discs), but I do not recall anyone using one to play DVD-Video.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 29. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                                Canon Girl Level 1

After some trial and error, I've decided that the video options are toggling back and forth. I just can't see which is highlighted while doing so. I think it has to do with the template I chose in Premiere Elements while designing the movie. Either way, the DVD burned and it plays in my PS3. Wish you guys could see my SMILE because I am THRILLED!!! I wish I would have tried this forum 3 days ago. Would have relieved a lot of stress trying to figure this out.

I have a couple more questions:

1. Can I use the Img software for all burning projects including CDs?
                                                                2. What is the best way to organize and store my video files?

Thanks again for your help and support to figure this out!!!!

• 30. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                                  Ed.Macke Level 3

Yeah!! I love to hear success stories!

Can I use the Img software for all burning projects including CDs?

Yes, ImgBurn can do CDs, DVDs, and more. Not bad for free, eh?

What is the best way to organize and store my video files?

That's kind of more of a personal preference kind of thing, and will probably depend on things like input format (DV-AVI, etc.), specifics about your system (hard drive type / capacity / internal vs. external), whether you plan to re-edit, what (if any) backup procedures you have in place... that kind of thing.

I'd suggest starting a separate thread...?

• 31. Re: Unknown error 2130906112 while burning DVD in Premiere Elements
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news!

I just can't see which is highlighted while doing so. I think it has to do with the template I chose in Premiere Elements while designing the movie.

The lack of the Sub-picture Highlights (the official name for the indicators of which Button one has navigated to), could be caused by several things:

1.) the inability of the PS3 to adequately display them. Like I said earlier, most people, that I know, use the PS3's for BD playing. The specs. are different for those, as opposed to the DVD-specs. I just do not know about the PS3.

2.) could be a problem with the Template. Which one did you choose? I'll be glad to check it out (if PrE4 has it) and report any issues that I find. Did you modify this Template, say in Photoshop/PSElements? Could be that one of those modifications turned ON all Sub-picture Highlights.

3.) could be a problem with the "authoring" phase of the Project. This is after the editing, and is where one assembles the Assets (Menus, etc.) and does the navigation. As PrE is semi-automatic, it does most of this for the user, with little intervention. Still, there could be ways to accidently mess something up here, though it's highly unlikely. Now, in my authoring program, all is done by hand, so I have hundreds of opportunities to make a mess of a Project - PrE shields the user from most of these.

Now, to your questions:

Can I use the Img software for all burning projects including CDs?

Yes. You can do most forms of burning, including CD's (Audio, Video or Data), so long as you have the right types of files.

What is the best way to organize and store my video files?

This is the $64,000 question. So much depends on what one has, how they are likely to need to access them and what equipment they either own, or wish to purchase. I'll give you my scheme, though it might be overkill for you. Still, you can get an idea and are free to adapt any part of it for your needs.

I work with several types of Assets: original (or stock) still images, Captured (stock, or client-supplied) motion, Audio (original, stock or extracted from the previously mentioned motion Assets, Menus (Templates and original creations), Titles (same) and then my Projects.

I keep the originals on both a NAS (Networked Attached Storage) drive that is networked to all of my computers, and also on external storage HDD's. I also back up to DVD-Data discs. For Captured, original Video, I also store all tapes and do NOT overwrite/reuse any. I only work with Copies of any of the Assets (the Captures are probably the exception, as I have the tapes, should I need to re-Capture).

I use several media browsers to organize my Assets. I then locate those necessary for a Project, and create a folder structure for that Project. Copies of the Assets are placed in that folder structure, beneath the Project name. Again - these are Copies, in case something happens.

Depending on what I need to do, the Scratch Disks (set with Edit>Preferences) are usually kept within the Project's folder structure too. Same for Exports. As I use a different program to author DVD's (Adobe Encore), I create my Encore Project within this structure too. The files that I Export from PrPro (my NLE of choice), are the ones that I then Import into Encore for authoring the Project.

When done, I Archive the editing Project and also the Encore Project, to another external drive. I will always make one additional copy of my output DVD as a backup, as I can use ImgBurn, or another utility, to Copy DVD.

After all of this, I can then safely Delete my entire Project folder from the system. Remember, it contains no origianl Assets (other than Captured materail), as I have everything on the NAS, plus an external, plus the backup DVD-Data disc. Right now, I have about 30 1 - 2TB external HDD's that I use. Some are for backup, and some are to allow me to move my Projects between my laptop or my workstation.

Hope that this helps. As I said, it's probably overkill, but much of the work that I do is for clients. If they come back with a change, or a problem, I want to be able to help them immediately.

Good luck and good questions,

Hunt