4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2009 12:13 AM by Harm Millaard

PPro CS3 not opening

frazbama

For some reason, the PPro CS3 doesn't load.  I see it loading in the box in the middle, but then it just blinks and refuses to open.  Any ideas?  It was working fine a day ago.  I have the CS3 suite and the rest of the applications open fine.

• 1. Re: PPro CS3 not opening
          Harm Millaard Level 7

What happened between yesterday and today?

• 2. Re: PPro CS3 not opening
            frazbama Level 1

The computer shutdown before closing the PPro file.

Should I reinstall the CS3 Suite to another HD or something?

The backup copy of my edited video opens in PPro 2.0, but when rendering, gives an error message:

[\dev\stingray\Backend\Src\FileCache\FileCache.cpp-826]

Thereafter, Ppro 2.0 closes.

• 3. Re: PPro CS3 not opening
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE might help you to help us.

This ARTICLE might help you get some clues on why your program/system crashes.

Also, think back to what might have changed. As Harm points out - something has.

I'd also look into all video and audio drivers and update those. Even a simple OS update can make those obsolete instantly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PPro CS3 not opening
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Just an example of what can happen between yesterday and today.

I installed a new Bios. No problem. I then tried setting my disk configuration from IDE to AHCI. Problem: keyboard hang. I could no longer get into the Bios to revert to the previous setting, because the keyboard no longer worked. Solution, reset the CMOS/Clear RTC RAM by moving a jumper.

The lesson is, it may be anything that happened, even if far removed from PR.