3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2009 2:24 PM by Jim_Simon

Color correction help, pleazzzzz!

Lame Tigrrrr Level 1

I've tried and tweaked a lot just to make this and adjacent frames look vivid but to no avail. May be I'm just cramming due to the fact that this is my cousin's first boy kid's birthday and his father who's working in Hongkong has gotten too eager to see this video of his son. And his wife's flight is scheduled today and she will be bringing this to him. Please, anybody help me. MY *** IS GETTIN' TOO HOT IN MY SEAT AND STILL I'VE GOT NOTHIN'.

• 1. Re: Color correction help, pleazzzzz!
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Levels.

Bring down the RGB White Input Level and/or bring up the RGB Black Output Level.

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Color correction help, pleazzzzz!
            Lame Tigrrrr Level 1

Thanks, Jeff. I followed your instructions but it didn't result to what I was expecting until I tweaked not just the RGB white input level and RGB black output level but the other parameters too but still got nothing. Maybe it's just the quality of the video that matters here. We took our footage without enought lightings. Actually, this is a re-edit of the video. In the original footage the video was too dark and we tried to lighten it and that was the result (the one I attached with my original post). I applied brightness and contrast to the other clips and it worked, not exactly as what I wanted though but at least it looked better. But, with this one...

Oh, just an update to Jim Simon, this newbie is learning things gradually. Within just a few days of making my butt hot on my seat, so hot that you can make your pants get ironed under, I've learned a lot. But, sorry, sometimes I easily get impatient.

• 3. Re: Color correction help, pleazzzzz!
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              In the original footage the video was too dark and we tried to lighten it and that was the result

That's not surprising, given how washed out even the black letterbox bars are in this.  Go back to the original footage and work with that.

Also, don't use your computer monitor to judge such things.  You really need a properly calibrated external TV for that.  Or at the very least, export out to DVD and judge from there.

1 person found this helpful