4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2009 6:57 PM by the_wine_snob

Quicktime components

mejanr

Hello,

Whan I click on the Smartsound tab in PE7 it tell me that required Quicktime components are not installed. Should they not have been installed with software - if not where do I get them from? I have tried latest update from smartsound website.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Quicktime components
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          Should they not have been installed with software - if not where do I get them from?

No. You need to go to the Apple site and download the latest QT. Now, they are up to 7.6.3, IIRC.

If you purchase SmartSound, or their SonicFire Pro, there will be a version of QT on that disc. With the QuickTracks plug-in in PrE 7, you need to get that on your own.

Once installed, then the QuickTracks (SmartSound) plug-in will install properly. Make sure you are logged-in as an Administrator.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Quicktime components
            the_wine_snob Level 9

You may also want to read through this THREAD to get some background on SmartSound.

Good luck, and do not hesitate to ask any more questions.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Quicktime components
              mejanr Level 1

I have just downloaded Quicktime from Apple site and it's all good now - thanks for help.

• 4. Re: Quicktime components
                the_wine_snob Level 9

That is great news, and glad that it worked.

Going back a bit, I went to upgrade my QuickTracks for PrPro plug-in and had one of the QuickTime Player 7.4.x versions. Those were known to work improperly with PrPro, but I had been lucky to that point. However, QuickTracks for PrPro update could not work with QuickTime (too many QT's here) 7.4.x. That version was still then current from Apple. I grabbed my original SonicFire Pro installation disc and found that it had QuickTime 7.3.5. Blew away QuickTime 7.4.x and installed 7.3.5. All was good and everything worked fine.

When Apple released 7.5.5, I did upgrade to that, and all worked fine. Seems they are up to 7.6.3, but I have yet to upgrade, remembering about four 7.4.x versions that broke both Adobe and SmartSound. Glad that the new one worked for you, and thanks for reporting.

Good luck,

Hunt