Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

It has OS 10.4

I have been trying to make flourishes with the write on effect. Every time I apply the write on effect and try to move along the time line the

I get the swirly rainbow on my mac and the whole thing is frozen. I can press play and the timeline will play the animation and it looks great,

but if I try and manually with my mouse try and move along the timeline the computer freezes. I have been using psd files but tried it jpg and

same thing. I tried changing the composition settings but same thing. Any help would be awesome.

• 1. Re: Write On effects causes freeze every time
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You are aware that your whole system is running in quirks mode, are you? AE7 is PPC and on intel machines only runs in emulation. In addition, you are severly low on memory - 1GB is the bare minimum requirement for al llater versions of AE, but that usually refers to running it "native" without any extra room for emulation. Your problem is most likely, that the Write-On effect has not enough memory to cache the result while you scrub. When you RAM preview or render, that issue does not occur, as naturally the brush strokes are correctly accumulated sequentially. I don't think there is a really good way to fix this except for buying more RAM, but you could try to lower AE's overall RAM usage and perhaps disable the layer cahce in the secret prefs (hold down Shift when you enter the prefs and an extra menu entry will appear)...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Write On effects causes freeze every time
            erockross Level 1

thanks so much. That worked perfect no freeze. Should work for me until I can get more ram and upgrade to the intel version of AE