8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 4:04 PM by Chad37

Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...

Hi Everyones,

I have Adobe 9.1, It was working... when I update to adobe 10 was not work and I go back to A. Reader 9.1 not working, darn it... so

I could be wrong, I believe A. R. 10 are not for my Laptop... below.

Dell Inspiron l 1200

Intel (R) Celeron (R) M Processor 1.40 GHz

1.40 Ghz, 1.24 GB of Ram

I delete A.R. 9.1 into recycle bin and delete from ADD/REMOVE under Panel Control then reinstall A.Reader 9.1 and I test one of long letter for .pdf to download, pop up sign and ask me which one, I let them find it for me instead of me choose it. Follow page it said need download for Adobe Reader but I already did twice. It does not working.

I have trouble with Adobe Flash I search Adobe Forum for it and found Google Crome that might help Adobe Player.  I thought Google Chrome will work for all of Adobe Reader and Player... I realized it does not working. What is Best version for my laptop also How can I solves this problem?

Thank you,

ik3p

• 1. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
          pwillener Level 8

There is no Adobe Reader 10.  There is a Flash Player 10, but it is completely unrelated to Adobe Reader.

Uninstall the corrupted Adobe Reader you have now, using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, then install it again.

If you still have difficulties, please explain exactly what you are doing, if possible with a screenshot.

P.S. also let us know what Windows version you are using.

• 2. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
            Chad37

Sir...or Madam:

I posted a question on the Adobe Reader discussion site yesterday, and have since been inundated with e-mails asking me all sorts of technical questions.  I am out of my element regarding technical matters, particularly those having to do with computers.  Regrettably, I cannot help you.

Scott Chadwick

• 3. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
              pwillener Level 8

Chad37 wrote:

I posted a question on the Adobe Reader discussion site yesterday, and have since been inundated with e-mails asking me all sorts of technical questions.

When you post in any topic in this forum, you will get email notifications if anything new is posted in these topics.  These posts may not be directed at you; you just receive notification of the updates.

You will have to disable notifications if you don't want to receive them; unfortunately I have found out that it is not easy to do so.

Eventually, when the topics grow older, they will simply die, and you will no longer receive these notifications.

I, for one, find them useful.

Best wishes,

Pat Willener

• 4. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
                Level 1

Hi Pat,

Thank you for post it and I wrote to you by email and change my mind want to use this forum... on top of my email is nasty but bottom about fix that problem... but... I change my mind again... I kind of tired of Adobe for many years and I decided to use a different company this time... thank you for your huge to help me, anyway. I want to resign Adobe.  Okay, See below what I wrote but not finish but that is end. Alright here is...

oh I can not paste it from my email letter... darn it... Let me figure things out... oh dear i have to typing it...

------------------------------------------

Hi,

I got your email, thank you... and I do not know who can I talk to but here is what I complain about

the forum right after I register, yesterday. I check my email and see if I get any Welcome letter

from Adobe Forum. I was shocked the two stranger member from adobe Forum got my email

address and one of them send me naked picture and another one I was afraid to open it and I delete

both of them and found Welcome letter from Adobe Forum. (thank you)  I check not sure which one

my account or my stuff and I see that my email address is hide and how do both stranger got

my email address?  I want to resign this Adobe Forum and everything that relate to Adobe.

Ok, Pat... I give you more information and there is office 2007 that I do not have.  Maybe you want

to have my information what *exactly* I am doing... see below.

Right after, I delete from Add/Remove under Control Panel, I check recycle bin and "New Briefcase" none

adobe on list then found Adobe icon (Adobe Reader 9.1.1) still there on desktop. I delete it and the pop

up sign said two things like Add/Remove or Shortcut. I choose Shortcut and then check Add/Remove

and program none on list... then I once again check Recycle Bin it was there I delete it... now all done.

But I have not try reinstall it. Kind to help me how to cancellation my Adobe's accounts from this Forum?

ik3p

make sure and none on list, good...

• 5. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
                  pwillener Level 8

You may want to post in this forum requesting the removal of your account http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Give them a reference to this post (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2169044#2169044) regarding the reason for your request.

• 6. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
                    adobe-admin Adobe Employee

If you still have the emails in your trash (including the Forum Welcome email), please send them to userforum@adobe.com. As far as I know, the Forums do NOT send out a welcome email. The forums don't even have a registration process, that is all handled through your Adobe ID at Adobe.com (yes, your Adobe ID registration shoudl generate an email, but it is not specific to forums).

I've de-activated your account in the Forums. But if you sign in again with your Adobe ID your account will  re-activate.

Thanks!

• 7. Re: Winxp, Any pdf download into Adobe Reader 9.1, do not working...
                      adobe-admin Adobe Employee

Scott, to find items you are subscribed to, click on the Your Stuff link in the gray bar near the top of the forum page. Click on Mailing LIsts in the drop down list, and then click on the Email Notifications tab. There you will get a list of all the threads you have posted in and are subscribed to with checkboxes next to them. Check off the items you no longer want to get email notifications on and then click on Remove Selected Notifications at the bottom of the list.

Thanks!