This more than likely is a graphics card/driver issue.
You dont happen to have an InteliPoint mouse driver in use do you? Older versions of that driver have been known to cause these problems.
I was using a Logitech wirless mouse/keyboard that was causing the
'sticking' cursor. I'm now back to manual PS2 mouse and keyboard until this
problem is dealt with. But somehow, the sticking cursor, the constant
crashing of PP, low on memory and the En not burning to the DVD's seems all
symptomatic of a common problem.
The system appeared totally functional before all this happened and I'm
trying to figure out what could have happened to cause this issue. This
machine is connected to the internet but not used for emails.
Did you uninstall the Intellepoint driver?
I don't believe the IntelliPoint driver ever caused these problems. The only issues I'm aware of with the older drivers is a sort of occasional 'twitching' of the GUI.
In any case, Logitech drivers were never reported to cause either the twitching, or the missing window elements.
There's no driver...
Right now i'm doing a virus scan... Just to be sure..!
The first thing to look at with SenseCode errors, is the media being used. That is not the only reason for these, but they indicate a communication problem, and media is the #1 suspect. Next, look at the connections, i.e. things like the Slave/Master relationship of any other drives on that cable. Next, check the firmware for that/those player(s).
If none of this works to improve things, then go to Device Manager and remove the drive(s). Reboot, and let your OS find New Hardware and set them up, as is necessary.
PS use Verbatim, or Taiyo Yuden media for fewer problems. Do not use Memorex and TDK seems to have gone "south" too.
First, do your virus scan with Restore Points turned OFF. Next, make sure to run the AV from Safe Mode.
I would also throw in a scan by a program, like Webroot's Spysweeper, or Search & Destroy.
When done, turn Restore Points back ON.
When you are sure that your machine is clean and safe, I'd check out the video drivers again. I know you installed a new card, but did you get the very latest drivers from the mfgr's site. Last, do the same for your Audio system - latest drivers.
Thanks Hunt. I think I have resoled the major problem.. I simply rebuilt a
new project using files from the original source. I removed all Media caches
and preview files so essentially starting over. Guess what!! Its not only
rendered a 1 hr timeline but mpeg2 encoded too...with all the pieces of the
workspace window accounted for. I have cleaned up my machine using RegCure,
scanned for virus and malware and cross your fingers we're good to go..
In summary, it appears when I replaced the mobo, elements of the composition
/timeline got damaged even though they appear 'normal' on preview. I was
using the same projects that were created before the mobo change.
Well that's my read at this point. So far so good.. Now I have to deal with
Encore and the disc burning issue... Be nice just get the work done instead
of doing battle wit the beast..
Thanks for everyones input very much appreciated..
it appears when I replaced the mobo, elements of the composition /timeline got damaged even though they appear 'normal' on preview. I was using the same projects that were created before the mobo change.
While I find this odd, I'll wait for others to weigh-in on the plausibiltiy of this.
Still, the bottom line is that you have gotten your Project to work, and that is the most important part of it.
On the issue of 'damaged' clips, I have on a number of occaisions had
rendering problems even theough the previews look just fine. When I replaced
the clips with new ones the render was ok. I would check the output to see
where the PP crashed, replace the clip [sometimes it was just a lower third
or a swipe] and the problem was solved. PP apparently needs everything to be
PP apparently needs everything to be squeaky clean.
That has been my experience with about all Adobe programs. Whether it's the DVD-spec, or BD-spec for Encore, or JPEG and TIFF for Photoshop, Adobe programs want 100% compliance. They also output (OK, there are some exceptions) nearly 100% compliant files in the appropriate format.
Cleaner is always better, from my experiences.