4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 8:20 AM by Chuck A. McIntyre

export to flv

mkrasnodebski

Hi,

I'm a user of trial version Premiere Pro CS4. Earlier I used Premiere Pro CS3 and i exported my videos to 320x240 resolution in flv format using On2 VP6 codec and bitrate 400.

Now, I'm using CS4 and i can't correctly export my videos to 320x240 resoultion. After the export this video has two black belts in the top and bottom.

I tried to change this resolution and i found an idea to create my flv videos in new resolution 328x240. Then output is correct.

But I'm interested by exporting in old resolution 320x240 without two black belts as earlier.

The sorurce video in this two ways is the same. I saw only one difference. Capturing in CS3 gives 1,067 pixe ratio. Now, in CS4 I have a 1,094.

Thank you for your help.

best regards,

maciej

• 1. Re: export to flv
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, some are reporting the same thing. There are several similar threads, and most are very current on this forum.

I cannot directly help, as I am not doing the same from CS4. However, just today, I did the same Export at 400K and it was perfect - the difference was that I used PrPro 2.0!

Wish I had an answer for you, other than to say that others have the same, or very similar problems with CS4 and their threads might give you some resolution. I just do not recall an answer.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: export to flv
            Jim_Simon Level 8

The Pixel Aspect Ratio in earlier version of Premiere wasn't technically correct.  Now it is.  I wonder if this might account for your observations.  If so, there's nothing for it but to export at 328 x 240.

• 3. Re: export to flv
              mkrasnodebski Level 1

Thank you very much for this answers.

What do you think -  should I'll write smoething like official question to Adobe help about this issue? The can help me more thank you?

Casue if it's true about incorrect aspekt ratio in previous versions 2.0 and 3.0 - their answer will be the same as you.

best regards,

maciej

• 4. Re: export to flv
                Chuck A. McIntyre Level 3

I ran into a similar problem with a Web Avatar having black bars on the right and left side of the *.flv clip. Try creating a new sequence with the following

settings and export your *.flv from that sequence:

desktop_mode.gif