Thanks for the great feedback! Glad you're enjoying using Catalyst.
1. We're definitely aware of the interest in this and are looking into it for the future.
2. This will work in the next build of Catalyst that you see.
3. Can you be more specific about this one? Do you mean drag something directly from the Wireframe Components panel into the Library?
4. Pages/States in Catalyst give you the ability to do things like this. You can create the nav bar and then share it into other states (either right-click and choose Share To State, or go to the other state and click the eyeball in Layers). This is actually a bit more flexible than the master pages metaphor, since you could have the shared nav bar layer be in a slightly different location in different pages/states, or have a different background color. (And you can animate the transition between these differences).
5. This exists today: File > Import Artwork
6. Do you by any chance know what format these fonts were in? Or what the file extension is?
7. Good point. I'll see what we can do about this.
10. You should be able to rotate a group (or custom component) with the Transform tool. If you select a group and then select the Transform tool, what happens? Do the blue selection decorations turn into the black "transform" decorations, or no?
11. Yep, good feedback.
12. There's definitely a lot of interest in this. We'll see what we can do.
13. There is a known bug where the HUD will steal the keyboard focus after you've used the Convert Artwork to Component dropdown. To get around this, just click anywhere in the artboard area again. Does that sound like the issue you're seeing?
14. Since Catalyst is very screen-focused, we expect pixels to be the dominant unit. We may look at this for a future release, though. Note that the zero point already automatically adjusts when you drill down to edit the contents of a component.
15. We're looking into this.
17. You'll see some support for blending modes soon.
Thanks for the response. Keep up the good work. Hope to see more at Max.
In an attempt to be able to utilize the PDF art/pages I have so many
of, I have taken the PDF into Illustrator and resaved as a native .ai.
Catalyst seems to behave "strangely" when I do this; e.g.; won't
scale, trouble selecting item, ) This may be related to item 10.