6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 11:04 AM by Impulse Fire

Does anybody like my sig for my videos?

Impulse Fire Level 1

all right im not that good of an AAE user and i only bought it like 3-4 months ago so ok so i worked on it for like almost 2 hours ad right now its just a picture i havent got to animate it because its waay to slow sine there are so many layers my quad core can barely handel it. anyways here it is: Also i want to put sort of a curvy undrline to it if anyone know what im talking about. but i keep trying to do a stroke effect and its just not working i cant get it curvy enough simply by masking if anyone could helpme out with that and comment on this then i'd appreciate it very much.

Link: http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu163/ImpulseFire911/vlcsnap-2009-08-09-23h21m07s1.png

• 1. Re: Does anybody like my sig for my videos?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Mmh, yeah, the colors are definitely funky and the font isn't too shabby, but the whole composition is not very well balanced. Too much "noise" and the text is too small. I'd definitely reduce the number of particles in the cloud and use CC force Motionblur wit hvery heavy settings instead to give some more "volume". And when the rest is purple and blue, yellow doesn't make a good companion. Use a white-ish variation of your other colors with reduced opacity and blending modes. Also decide, whether you want to retain the small "films" or if a capitalized "Films" would not look better. For your curvy lines, study Andrew Kramer's tutorials. In one of his older tutes he uses Bezier Warp and a simple Fractal Noise to great effect to create streaky lines....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Does anybody like my sig for my videos?
            Impulse Fire Level 1

Oh Thanks yeah i should probably fix those particles dont really know whats agood color tho. i dont know what you mean by "noise" like its too pixelated or sumthing? anyways yeah ill look into the Vid copilot tutorial for it also i dont know if i can add the motion blur id slow down the entire thing so much it would hurt ill try to update it

• 3. Re: Does anybody like my sig for my videos?
              missesari Level 1

yeah I think its nice but like Mylenium said, the text is almost lost in the background, I dont know what you want the curvy lines for. I think you should play down on the saturation though.

• 4. Re: Does anybody like my sig for my videos?
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

i dont know what you mean by "noise" like its too pixelated or sumthing?

"Visual noise" - the particles and the lensflare are predominant over the text, so taking them down a notch would help to accentuate the text. If you study examples of movie openers and such, you wil lactually often see that the design is very reduced. There may be sparcs and light effects, but mostly only one at a time...

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Does anybody like my sig for my videos?
                  Navarro Parker Level 3

That gradient colors have a definite 80s vibe. But the type and heavy stroke looks kinda 90s. And there's Particle World polygons set to the default colors and Lens Flare. This would have been a cool video in 1994.

Unless you are going for an intentionally terrible "Tim & Eric Awesome Show" look, I would go back to the drawing board.

(PS If your quad core is chugging on this simple project -- with what, four layers? -- something isn't right. I would also suggest learning a bit about what makes good design good.)

• 6. Re: Does anybody like my sig for my videos?
                    Impulse Fire Level 1

haha that made me chuckle a bit. no its not four layers it's more like 13. anyways like i mentioned in my original post im not very good at this im new but hey im just trying to learn here.i try doing lots of stuff on my own and i dont useto many tutorials because i dont feel a sense of accomplishment if i do. but i do use them if im desperate. i created a new one in about like 10-20 minuts which can be seen here if you would like to look

http://www.filefront.com/14261463/revifusionlogo2.mov/