7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 2:38 PM by the_wine_snob

Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?

CrazyIvan007

Does Premiere Elements 7 have the ability to create a Master DVD Image file (ISO) ?

I need to create a DVD image files to email to associates.

If not, what is a good program to do this?  I need it for DVD, and Blu-Ray.

Thanks.

~CrazyIvan007  

• 1. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Ivan,

I do not believe that it does. Adobe Encore (the authoring-only big-brother to that function in PrE) does. However, all is not lost. The freeware program, ImgBurn can create an .ISO from the DVD folder. You would use PrE to Burn to Folder, and then run ImgBurn to create the file needed.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
            CrazyIvan007 Level 1

Hunt,

Thanks a lot.  So I am guessing when you said the DVD folder, you meant if you have a DVD in the drive, it will select all accompanying files and burn them to an ISO image of that DVD?

Thanks.

~CrazyIvan007

• 3. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              I am guessing when you said the DVD folder, you meant if you have a DVD in the drive, it will select all accompanying files and burn them to an ISO image of that DVD?

No. I was assuming that you had a Project in PrE, and you wanted to create an .ISO image from that Project. In that case, you would just do a Burn to Folder and use ImgBurn to create the .ISO from that VIDEO_TS folder and its files.

If you have a burned DVD, you should be able to use ImgBurn to do the same from it. I do not know how well it (and your system) will perform if the VIDEO_TS folder is on a DVD. It might work fine, but were it my Project, I'd just copy the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD-Video disc to the HDD and use ImgBurn from there. Try it directly from the DVD-Video disc, and see if your drives are fast enough, but keep the Copy over to HDD in the back of your mind. I try to not do too much FROM a DVD (or CD), and always prefer to Copy over to an internal HDD to work with the material from there, even though I have a couple of fast DVD/CD drives, I just like working from my HDD's better.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
                CrazyIvan007 Level 1

Thanks a lot.  So basically you answered my question.  You can do it from a DVD, if I were to first create a DVD with Pe7.  Or, I can do it directly from the folder on the HDD created by Pe7.

My drives are probably fast enough, I just got a Samsung DVD-RW.  I think the DVD read speed is like 40x or something.

But, since I can bypass the need to create a DVD first, I will most likely do that, and create the ISO directly from the HDD Pe7 Folder.

So, THANKS a lot Hunt.   

I've been trying Pe7 Trial Version and could not figure this answer out and was not sure if I should buy it.  So, now I know I will.

• 5. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  I've been trying Pe7 Trial Version and could not figure this answer out and was not sure if I should buy it.  So, now I know I will.

One word of caution. In the tiral of older versions of PrE, there was a watermark inserted in the finished output. If the trial has not changed with PrE7, this will be added. There is an entry in the FAQ section on removing that watermark from a Project, but once that Project has been Exported, or burned, the resulting file will have the watermark and it cannot be removed.

Please check this out, before you commit your Project to either a DVD, or to a Folder. I do not want you to be in for a rude surpirse.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
                    CrazyIvan007 Level 1

Hunt,

Yea, I see the Watermark ribbon on the video.  No big deal.  I've just been using the Trial of Pe7 to do some mock-up projects and make sure it is something I like and can easily use.  It has proven good so far, other than the question I had here that I needed to verify.

• 7. Re: Creating a DVD Image file with Premiere Elements 7?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Ivan,

I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of that limitation, so that you were not surprised later.

Good luck,

Hunt