0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 9:33 AM by Sibercat

Application install "Sorry, an error has occurred"

Sibercat Level 1

Sorry, an error has occured.

This Application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok so has any one find out way you get this Error ? And how to fix it ?

--------------------------------------------------------

I lookd all over the net way you get this message and no one got the answers. "Some say Uninstall your AIR i have done that."  "Some say do a Manual Uninstall i have done that."   "Some say  Uninstall and turn off your system i have done that"    And none of this work. So i just tried to install AIR on a Windows 7 on the same system just a different hard drive. So i installed Aptana got all the plugins. Bla bla bla so i build an AIR app and boom it works. So after i used Windows 7 i switch back to my old Hard drive Windows XP ps3,  so i just tried to build an Air app just for the hell of it. And BOOM and it works installs and all that. So i was like wtf just happend, cool it works now. So after 3 days past i was about to try and build this project i got so i try to build the Air app after its done Building i click to install and Boom Sorry, an error has occured. "This Application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author."  So i was like wtf. i got on my Windows 7 try to build the Air app and Boom "Sorry, an error has occured. This Application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author."

So i Don`t know wtf is going on with this Adobe Air.  Any one got any ideas what is up with this ?

Error log:

Starting app install of file:///C:/Users/[username]/Documents/Aptana%20Studio%20Workspace/linuxproject/linuxprojec t.air
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      Unpackaging to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\fla53E.tmp
      failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="invalid package signature" errorID=5022]
      starting cleanup of temporary files
      application installer exiting

PS: Sorry for bad spelling, no sleep for 17 hrs does that to you.