0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 4:59 PM by drew_lw

Site Translation "Work Horse"

drew_lw Level 1

I'm currently doing some r&d for a current web site. We are going to support multiple translations and I'd like to use a one page to many language relationship within the system. The text is already translated and located within the database, and retrieved via a sql view/component call.

My question is for anyone who has created or worked with a similar system. How did you assign the text to elements on the page? I don't need the entire code but any url/examples would be great to get me pointed in the right direction. Prior to the db driven translation resource, the text was stored in a language resource file (*.txt) and included in the page accordingly.

<cfset lang['index']['elementName'] = "This is an element page text" />

<cfset lang['index']['elementName2'] = "This is another element page text" />

etc...more translation text

Than of course within the page, where the element was placed would be the #lang['index']['elementName']# variables.

Is this array type system the best option for this type of system? I got to believe there is something better out there but I'm not aware of any others and searching for information falls short of being informative.

Any info would be appreciated.