2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 9:49 AM by the_wine_snob

Edit 5.1 Sound with Adobe Audition 3.0 from PP CS4 Timeline?

tncolts

Hello All!,

I'm using PP CS4 and Audition 3.0 -- both installed correctly, both activated.

I have a 5.1 sound mix on a timeline that I need to do a little editing to, I right click on the sound file and sure enough the "Edit in Audition" option is available and I click on the option.  Adobe Audition 3.0 opens as expected and it opens with 6 distinct sound files loaded in the files panel (Center, Left Front, Right Front, Left Surround, Right Surround, and LFE). SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

Then, using Audition, I make the appropriate sound edits to the individual files and have everything just like I want.  This is where I'm confused -- according to what I gather from the PP CS4 help, all I need to do is "Save" the files in Audition and the changes will automatically show up in PP timeline.  But for me, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, it's not working.  I save the files in Audition, but when I go back to PP (still open, never closed) and play the timeline it plays the original audio without any of the edits I made.

Maybe I'm just missing one small step, maybe 5.1 sound editing in Audition is not possible?  I don't know, but I sure do wish someone would help me figure it out.  I've been messing with this thing for a couple of days with no results, please help.

Thanks, in advance, to everyone that responds!