0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 8:44 AM by jdmack01

More questions and thoughts about Anti-Flicker

jdmack01 Level 1

I am working on a video that consists entirely of digital photos provided by my client (all jpgs - not my decision).  Many of them flicker terribly in the final video.  I did a search for "anti-flicker" on this forum and read a number of threads about it.  There is one thing I am experiencing that I do not believe was covered in any of those threads.

First of all, selecting "flicker removal" in a clip's field options is useless.  I don't know why this should be so, since this worked very well in Premiere 6.5 (my previous version).

However, adjusting the anti-flicker filter in the motion settings works great when one renders a preview.  But this seems to have no effect on the final video output, and strangely, all the anti-flicker settings reset to zero if I exit the program.  This seems like a bug to me.  Does anyone else experience this?

Here is my work around.  If I also make an adjustment to the scale of the clip, then Premiere will remember the anti-flicker filter setting, and the final video output is flicker free.  If my photo is already sized for the screen, I'll set a scale setting of 99%.  If the photo is large, I will either resize it in Photoshop, or uncheck "scale to frame size" and resize it with the scale adjustment.

J. D.