0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 9:22 AM by Yaxiong

Error using Automation Framework

Yaxiong

I am learning the automation framework and I didn't get very far before I need help.

I register the AutomationRecordEvent.RECORD through AutomationManager and call beginRecording() method.  When I click on any button or field, it gave me the following error before calling the handler function:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at mx.automation::AutomationManager/helpCreateIDPart()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\ automation\src\mx\automation\AutomationManager.as:1549]

at mx.automation.delegates.core::ContainerAutomationImpl/createAutomationIDPart()[C:\work\fl ex\dmv_automation\projects\automation\src\mx\automation\delegates\core\ContainerAutomation Impl.as:185]

at mx.core::UIComponent/createAutomationIDPart()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\fram ework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9162]

at mx.automation::AutomationManager/captureID()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\automat ion\src\mx\automation\AutomationManager.as:2227]

at mx.automation::AutomationManager/captureIDFromMouseDownEvent()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automatio n\projects\automation\src\mx\automation\AutomationManager.as:2158]

I appreciate your help or hints you can give on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Yaxiong