13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2009 1:06 PM by cmd123

error msg - not enough memory available for this task - chm file

cmd123 Level 1

Hi All

I am using RoboHelp for HTML 8.0 and creating chm file.  I am using context sensitive help and the F1 key functionality.  I have in the past created some map ID's with F1 and they have worked properly with our company software application.  Now, I have a different database with our company and a larger help file and it is not working.  I am told that the database should work.  I also have lots of memory.  I am working off of my hard drive which is where the .exe is for the company application and my chm file.  I can open my .chm file.  When I go into the application and press F1 where I created the map ID;s I get the message, not enough memory available for this task and also topic not available. Quit one or more programs to increase memory.

I have lots of memory and my file is only 598kb.  I also only have RoboHelp and the application running.  When I did a search, I found an article for a fix from 2004 from Adobe - Rb_46124 - not sure if this is the fix but the steps dont match since it is old.

Please help me.

Thanks

Caryn