5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 5:44 PM by Varun Shetty

Compiler errors after adding Flash SWF to libs

Michael Hovey

For some reason, when I use the Flex Component Kit for Flash CS4 to generate a SWC and then place that SWC in the libs folder of a Flex 3 project, I get these errors:

1044: Interface method get automationEnabled in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class

1044: Interface method get automationOwner in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class

1044: Interface method get automationParent in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class

1044: Interface method get automationVisible in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class

This only happens when the SWC is added. As soon as I remove it, the errors go away. What is causing this?

• 1. Re: Compiler errors after adding Flash SWF to libs
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

Is there a collision of identifiers in your SWC and the Flex libraries?

What if you put it outside the libs folder and add the path to the Project - Properties - Flex Build Path - Library path - Add SWC...

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

• 2. Re: Compiler errors after adding Flash SWF to libs
            wahaha20090909

I happened to have the same problem with yours, I think the problem would be:

1, the version of your componet kit used maybe is for flash cs4

2, the version of flex sdk you were using is 3.4

3, the flex component kit for flash cs4 maybe is based on flex sdk 4

so, the way to solve the problem is to change the flex sdk or to chage the version of componet kit, in my case, I changed the sdk.

wish you good luck.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Compiler errors after adding Flash SWF to libs
              Peter Celuch Level 4

Thanks wahaha!

I've been pulling my hair off for an hour, trying to find some answers why my blank flash flex component doesn't work.

michael should give you 10pts

• 4. Re: Compiler errors after adding Flash SWF to libs
                DMcQ Level 1

I'm getting a similar set of errors when I use Flash CS5 to export a Flex Component as a .swc to my libs directory.

I've made sure that the SDK setting in Flash CS5 is the same as my Flex Project --> Flex SDK 3.5.

But when I save the .swc to the libs folder, the compiler start coughing out a whole series of 1044 errors like:

Description Resource Path Location Type

1044: Interface method createAutomationIDPartWithRequiredProperties in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class ...

1044: Interface method get automationEnabled in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class ...

1044: Interface method get automationOwner in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class ...

1044: Interface method get automationParent in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class ...

1044: Interface method get automationVisible in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class ...

1044: Interface method getAutomationChildren in namespace mx.automation:IAutomationObject not implemented by class ...

I tried creating a different folder for the swc and added it to the build path (as described above) but this still produced the errors.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Daniel
                • 5. Re: Compiler errors after adding Flash SWF to libs
                  Varun Shetty

Did this get resolved? I cannot use Flash CS5 pro Built SWC files in Flex 3.5 SDK application. Was it a mistake to upgrade my Flash CS4 license. It seems to work fine with Flex 4 SDK.