3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 7:57 AM by justoffthecoast

Workflow - want to recieve, edit & publish drafts (all at once)

envadmin

Hi There,

I'm using Contribute CS4. I'm trying to set up a contribute work flow, that allows those in the writer role send me (Administrator) draft pages. I would then like to be able to edit and publish their draft pages.

Right now, those in the writer role, have a few options:

- Send for review: Sends it to me, but I can't edit it, I can only return it to the Writer

- Send for edit: Sends it to me, I can edit, but can't publish, can only return to them

- Send for publics: Sends it to me, but I can't edit, I can only publish

Does anyone have similar issues. All I want to be able to do, is remove the work on the Writers end. I want to be able to polish their work, and publish it for them... doesn't seem to be a way to do that without having them "send to edit", I then edit, return the draft to them, they then "send for publish" and I publish it. Annoying!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers! 

• 1. Re: Workflow - want to recieve, edit & publish drafts (all at once)
          justoffthecoast Level 1

I just came to this forum looking for the answer to the exact same problem.

Most of our users are currently using Macromedia Contribute 3 with a few using Adobe Contribute CS3. Myself and the other administrator are both using CS4, so we have our sites in Transition Mode. In Macromedia 3 and CS3, the editor is able to click "Send for Review," which sends the draft to me and allows me to edit, publish, cancel or forward to someone else for review. However, CS4 only offers the options you describe (Send for Review, Send for Edit, Send for Publish), none of which allow the receiver to review, edit and publish in one step.

I'm assuming there's an administrative setting in CS4 which covers this (and isn't currently affecting users on earlier versions since we're in Transition Mode), but I can't find it anywhere. We'd love to upgrade our users to CS4, but it's not feasible unless they are able to send us drafts in a way that lets us edit and publish in a single step.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2. Re: Workflow - want to recieve, edit & publish drafts (all at once)
            Dominic Michael Adobe Employee

In Adobe Contribute CS4, you can add the new workflow xml created by you.

Steps:

1) Administer the site.

2) Select Workflow Association category.

3) Click on the workflow panel in the right side and press Ctrl+ a.

4) Browse to the new workflow xml created by you.

With Best Regards,

M. Dominic.

• 3. Re: Workflow - want to recieve, edit & publish drafts (all at once)
              justoffthecoast Level 1

After testing this over the past few days, I found that if you simply delete all the workflow files in /_mm/ct3beta/CCWorkflow, Contribute seems to revert to the workflow process of earlier versions with a single "Send for Review" button for editors rather than "Send for Review," "Send for Edit" and "Send for Publish." Publishers are then able to publish, edit or cancel received drafts in a single step.